Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This product is amazing... first off it matches the brushed aluminum peices that are already in your car. The Z Ball style shift knob is 100% Stainless Steel that is CNC Machined. It's weighted for better more precise shifting. The Shift Knob is about 1 1/2 inches shorter than the stock knob. This will make shifting feel a little shorter than stock knob without installing a shorter shifter.

After testing the knob at high speed it got rid of almost all of the vibration caused by my B&M Short Shifter. It was hardly even noticable. I am hoping that once I get my new redesigned shifter from B&M all the vibration will be gone. Even if there is some it is 80% less vibration than I had. Which is something I can probable live with.

You can purchase this product from www.zeetoyz.com or email Terry Weston at [email protected].

Attachments

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nice, but now I want to see the matching e-brake...hehe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Sep 29 2004, 02:01 PM
Nice, but now I want to see the matching e-brake...hehe.

Yeah that would be sweet! Hmmm I will talk to Terry and see if something can be done

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I love that knob Llare! Too bad I already bought my Nismo Titanium one.

·
Registered
111 Posts
You got it!
looks great.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I can't wait to see them. Terry (ZeeToyz) is one of the nicest peeps I know. Did you see my wifes Redline in his gallery?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by shezzzhot@Sep 29 2004, 06:06 PM
Does it retain heat? Looks really nice. I may have to think about this mod for next yr.

Yes I am sure it does retain heat... if left in direct sunlight it could get very hot. SS will take longer to get hot but will also hold in the heat longer. Aluminum shift knobs that heat up very quickly but cool faster due to the density of the metal. This zeetoyz knob is very thick at the top so it will take longer (in direct sunlight) before it gets extremely hot. My suggestion would be to get a car shade (which you should already have
) for the front windows. You could uncrew the knob and put it the glove box on really hot days, or bring something to cover the knob from direct sunlight exposure.

Also cracking your windows to let the heat escape out of your car helps keep it cool also... But you all you good folks down South already know this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts