Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
also you don't need a whole lot to do an entire car. i mix up just barely enough to do my Z and always have a bit leftover. i am not as lucky to have a garage but if i did, i would be doing it right now. only 2 layers on so far but that is because of time, and crappy weather we have here.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
from the Zaino site, i ordered the total protection show car kit. has the clay bar, applicators, the ZFX , car wash soap and the Z5 and Z2, and the Z6 spray.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Zaino is really very simple.

The very first time and then about every 6 months you do a claybar to remove contaminants from the finish. Claybar in the shade and use the Zaino car wash soap as a lubricant.

If you have a darker colored car or swirl marks in your finish, you'll want a couple coats of Z-5 to remove the swirl marks.

Use Z-2 for the final high gloss shine -- Zaino gives a high luster and depth (a wet look). It's a very distinctive shine that is like no other. You can just look at a car and tell if Zaino has been used.

You mix ZFX with both Z-5 and Z-2. I use one ounce of Z-5 or Z-2 to do an entire Z. Five drops on ZFX per ounce of Z-5 or Z-2. ZFX simply speed cures the Z-5 or Z-2 so you can buff it out sooner. When you buy ZFX you get four 2-ounce mixing bottles.

Both Z-5 and Z-2 are put on using very thin coats -- a little goes a long way. On the hood, top, and trunk, you just wipe the Zaino on using front to back strokes, and on the sides, you go up and down. It takes about 10-15 minutes to apply on an entire Z. Above 80 degrees and you can just about start buffing out immediately. The cooler it is, the longer you have to wait for it to set up before buffing out. Use a clean, dry microfiber towel to buff out.

Z-6 is a spray that gives a quick shine. I use Z-6 in between coats of Z-5 or Z-2. It's a good prep for the next Z-5 or Z-2 layer. You can also use Z-6 for a quick polish when you don't have time for Z-5 or Z-2. This is the stuff I use by the case. Spray it on one microfiber towel to apply and buff it out with a second microfiber towel. It takes about 15 to 20 minutes to Z-6 a Z. I also use Z-6 on parts in the engine bay and the bottom side of the hood.

The tire dressing is also a must -- great stuff. Your tires will not get a brown cast typical of other tire dressings after a week or so. The stuff doesn't sling off. It's great to do the inside of your wheel wells for shows, and also on exterior rubber/plastic black trim pieces. The dressing doesn't come with the starter kit, buy that separately.

If you've got leather seats, the Zaino leather cleaner and conditioner is great stuff. We've got a Z Chick who uses the leather stuff on a leather couch in her home.

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
i will make zaino even more simple for everyone to use..

dark cars, buy z5
light cars, buy z2

all cars, buy z6 spray for detailing.

i also purchased an orbital buffer (craftsman) for ~60 $ .. it works badass

just wash the car, dry the car, apply the z5 or z6, let dry.. buff off!

no more confusion.. thats all i do and you can check out my pics in the garage.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
How many rwhp does a coat of Zaino add?

·
Registered
1 Posts
TOYKILLA!

I have a brickyard and that looks AMAZING!
****, now I'm going to go look where to buy ZAINO and clay bar!

Reiver

21 - 34 of 34 Posts