Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first time doing the Zaino process, so I dropped a solid $60 on some ZFX, Z5, and Z6. Then, I decided against buying a clay bar cuz I *thought* my brother had one, but he didn't, so I spent another 31 @ Napa for a claybar and some microfibre towels. To the process.

I washed with dawn like everybdoy said, and I couldn't get off a bunch of little black specs from oil or tires or something (if u have a white u know what i'm talking about). All bummed out, i decided to do the claybar and ... HOLY SHI*!!! The claybar gets EVERY last spec of dust off of the car. Albeit it feels like the clay I use in Ceramics class, it's gotta be the best $25 spent on my car yet. The paint looks like new (all except the front bumper with it's 20+ little chips)! Then I had to wash it again and that was easy. This was @ about 12:05. Process done by 3:00. Yeah. Definitely gotta be dedicated to go through with everything.

Now to the waxing. I let the car dry for about 15 mins before i waxed and wiped off all of the door sills etc... and then mixed the ZFX and Z5, then shook up the bottle like i was jerkin it for about a minute (ironic no?!) then I applied it. Now it's about 4:00 and I'm gonna let it sit til about 5 then wipe it off, then apply coat 2, then Z6.

I'm not sure about the shine, but the claybar alone is worth the time I've spent today so far. I'll report if Zaino is truly worth it (appearance wise) for the PPW's, but if you have a PPW, I'd HIGHLY recommend going out, buying a claybar, and takin 2 or 3 hrs to wash and clay your car. You won't be disappointed. I know for one, i'll be doing it about 2 to 4 times a year, and before a car show fo sho! More to be reported tomorrow morning. Peace.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I used it on my wife's 4 year old black Tahoe and could not believe my eyes. Amazing what that thing can pull out of the paint.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More to the legend of Zaino:

I stroked on the Zfx/Z5 mixture and wiped it off... It felt... maybe average at best when i slid a towel across the surface. The Black Magic wax i used to use had a better shine and surface than the ZFX/Z5 mixture alone, and i never clayed the car w/ BM either. BUT THEN-- I sprayed on the Z6 and DAYAM SON!!! I just spritz'd the Z6 on a spot and wiped then the surface turned into a glassy shiny thing of beauty! In my garage with very little lighting all the metallic flake was sparkling and it looked cherry! Not much better than my Black Magic, but I think the protection will be better, and I think with more applications the Zaino will give the "mile deep shine" and be better. Overall, I'm not sure of the value for a PPW car still-- I kinda wish i would have clayed and kept up with the black magic, but I'll get to that after I put on another coat today (it was 6 when i was done and it was either put on another coat, or get laid). I'll post pix later today, but i'm not sure how impressive it'll be.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I retract my statement-- the car looks F*ing unbelieveable! I just took it outside and it looks so **** vivid and so bright! I love it! It's pretty horrible outside, but the paint was so reflective! I love it, about to do coat 2-- i'm in the garage. Reportin back later tonite peace.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The more Zaino, the better! Every coat brings out more depth and luster (particularly on the darker colors). Zaino also has UV protection. Z-5 on darker colors takes out any swirly marks. One or two coats of Z-5 and then a couple coats of Z-2 with Z-6 in between each of the coats, and you have a knock your socks off finish.

I buy the stuff by the case and use it on both my Zs.

The other Zaino stuff is great too! The tire dressing can be used for any plastic or rubber. The window cleaner makes your windows invisible (yeah, it will zip off the grease streak if you haven't had the TSB done). And of course you have to have your trusty Zaino claybar and car wash.

Zaino is the stuff you use to win car shows!

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Originally posted by Sosa@Feb 1 2004, 01:15 PM
Got a pic of the Zaino effect in the garage.

Daum SOSA!! I was able to slam dunk off the hoop image in your hood and practically read the messages transmitted in the reflected phone lines...that Zaino is totally awesome! I may have to buy mine now two weeks out from bringing my Z home and Zaino her before we leave the dealership!! LOL

Is there a step by step how to on applying this miracle wax? I'd love to print it out and frame it!! My friends need this for there rides as well.
I may have to get into to car shows for the true beauty of appreciation!
Thanks Sosa

·
Registered
9,619 Posts
Tere and Toykilla, your rides are so freakin' hot!

How do you manage to keep peeps hands and faces from being all over your windows? I swear if I had $60,000 I'd have bought 2 Zs': my LeMans of course and then that BY...Sweet, no offense to DB owners: I like the blue it's just something about the sunset and that brick that catch your eye!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Complicated?! That's exactly waht i thought while i read everybody's experience, but the process is actually elementary... just very time consuming. I'd recommend setting aside an entire day to do it, but after that, it's cake. For instance-- Claybar'ing the car is easy. Just takes a little while, but you only have to do it once. Then, it sounds hard doing the ZFX and Z5, but all you do is mis them together in a little tube they give you and it's just like waxing normally (excpet going back and forth instead of circle motions). Day 1 took me about 6 hrs for a wash, claybar, wash, Zfx/z5, and Z6. Day 2 was today and I just decided to put on another coat (and it did wonders for the car), and that was just like normal waxage-- a few mins to put it on, a little over an horu to let it sit and dry, then a few mins to wipe off. Cake walk.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts