Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys. I'm fixing to get me some Zaino and I've been reading up on the stuff. Can't wait!! I wanna do it right so needed some advice and questions answered.

1. Can Zaino be applied in direct sunlight? I have a garage but reading the application process makes it seem like Zaino drys faster w/ some heat.

2. Will the ZFX overcome the humidity and still accelerate the drying process?

3. Where do yall buy your towels? Do you use towels to dry your car?

4. Do any of you use a porter-cable to apply/remove Zaino? If so, what pads do yall use?

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Oh, BTW I live in Houston.

·
Registered
88 Posts
1. Not recommended. But it really depends on the temperature. I wouldn't do anything above 80 in direct sunlight.

2. ZFX can overcome some humidity. But if its 100%, forget about it. But the key is really applying it thin. Less than 1 oz for the whole car.

3. I use a leaf blower to dry the car. For buffing off zaino, I use DFtowels.com

4. Nope, I use the hand method, with the dftowel applicator pad.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I agree with afrOpuff...

Clay bar your car first.

It takes me ½ of one ounce for the entire car. The mixing bottles are 1 ounce.
Slightly dampen the applicator pad and apply Zaino in very thin layers. A dime sized amount on the pad will cover a side panel. I use 3-4 dime sized applications for the bonnet(hood). Apply itike it cost a million dollars an ounce.

I do not use a random orbital buffer. The DFtowel works very well for buffing.

Get a waffle weave towel for drying or use a leaf blower.

Check this thread by the Zaino Master...Dr. Bonz. Follow his advice and you will be satisfied with the results.

http://www.350zfrenzy.com/forum/showthread...=&threadid=5306

Edit...as afrOpuff points out below...the mixing bottles are 2 ounces.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I use "The abosorber"
to dry....works wonders. Here is description

The Absorber is a synthetic drying chamois made of high-tech PVA material that has a unique open cell structure to maximize water absorption. The Absorber absorbs water 3x faster and holds 50% more water than a regular towel or chamois. Its tough, durable construction is resistant to most chemicals and detergents, is unharmed by grease, oil, and solvents, resists tearing or shredding, will never flake apart, will not rot or mildew, can be machine washed, and lasts years with normal use. Yet its soft material is gentle and will not harm even the most delicate surfaces. Comes in a handy storage tube. 27" x 17". various colors
You can get one at Wal*mart for cheap. For polishing and other microfiber towel applications I use http://www.pakshak.com the ultra microfiber towel. I don't use Zaino but I do use a PC to take my blackfire off, makes it quicker, and saves my shoulder! :wink: You can find a large selection of PC pads here http://www.properautocare.com

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Will this product and process work for removing pollen stains? Seems that over the past week, the trees on my propery and around the city have wreaked havoc on my PPW.

I was detailing her yesterday, and as I was drying it I found tiny orange marks (like freckles) all over the car (mostly on top). It's almost like water spots or rings.

What do I do? :helpsmilie: What is the recommended or standard process for taking care of this problem? I am calling out to all the detail gurus out there. I normally just wash the car and wax her about 3 times a year.

Maybe it's time I ordered a special detail kit..... :dunno:

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
[/quote]

Well I suggest using Clay Bar to get them off. Make sure you keep the surface wet :thumbsup:

Now - IF that doesn't work.....
You can use K1 to remove the spots. You'll need to make sure that you keep the hose on hand & rinse then wash immediately after you work a section. *Warning* K1 WILL remove ALL wax/polish/Zaino. You'll need to wash the car with Dawn after the treatment. Then put on your wax/Zaino/polish.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
I agree with Terri..try claybar first. If that doesn't work...you may need to apply a polish with a small amount of abrasive cut.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
So I need to order some claybar. Suggestions on where to get it? I'm ready to order a kit right now. My cabinet of detailing materials is a mish-mash of things I've collected over the years. Maybe I need to try a new method.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Last week, I bought a Mother's California Gold claybar kit. I plan on using it this weekend. I hope it can get my original pearly shine back.

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
The clay bar will remove any surface contamination and make your paint very smooth. What are you applying to the paint to bring out the pearly shine you are looking for?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
The clay bar will remove any surface contamination and make your paint very smooth. What are you applying to the paint to bring out the pearly shine you are looking for?
<div align="right">[snapback]99472[/snapback]
[/quote]
Nothing that I know of. I thought that by removing the contaminants, the pearl white will shine again. After the claybar, I was going to use Meguiars NXT wax.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I have not used a clay bar yet but am intrigued. At any rate NXT rules. I wonder how much better it will look if I had clay barred it first. I put 3 coats of NXT on this weekend and let me tell you it looks awesome. Is the clay bar really needed and will using one now remove my NXT layer?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
[/quote]
I'm using the claybar to remove whatever it is that is on the top layer. I have never used it before, so I can only assume that any invisible contaminants will be removed after I'm done. Then I'll add a layer of NXT. I already have at least 2 layers, but I believe the claybar will take care of the problem.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts