Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When applying multiple layers of "Z-2 Pro" weeks apart from one-another, is it necessary to apply ZXF between each coat?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you mean the Z6? ZFX is only the catalyst for the first step. It replaces the Z1 Polish Lok.

You use Z6 in between your Z2 or Z5 coats. Makes a huge difference!

Cheers,
-Smoky

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
Do you mean the Z6? ZFX is only the catalyst for the first step. It replaces the Z1 Polish Lok.

You use Z6 in between your Z2 or Z5 coats. Makes a huge difference!

Cheers,
-Smoky
+1...ZFX is the flash cure accelerant in the tiny blue bottles that you mix with the Z2 or Z5 polish.

If you have applied a layer of Z2 or Z5, finish of with a misting of Z6 detail spray. If you wait a few weeks and want to apply another layer of polish, wash your paint, mist with Z6 then apply the polish followed by another misting of the detail spray.

Zaino Protocol Here

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After reading more I understand now that ZFX is an additive to Z-2. Do I have to add it to Z-2 polish every time I want to add another layer of polish?

·
Registered
163 Posts
After reading more I understand now that ZFX is an additive to Z-2. Do I have to add it to Z-2 polish every time I want to add another layer of polish?

I use ZFX every time I use Z-2. You need to use it within 6 hours of mixing. Apply no more than 3 coats in a 24hr period.

If you apply 3 coats it is best to wait at least a week before applying more.

The steps seem confusing at first, but after you get the first coat on it's a breeze!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
If you have a garage, you can leave Z2 or Z5 on overnight without adding the ZFX, and just buff it off in the morning. Takes about 8 hours for the sealant to cure without the addition of ZFX.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts