Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
4,328 Posts
I honestly would not recommend rebuilding your car. You have received damage to the A-pillars and roofline. Not to mention the rear driver's side quarter panel. These parts will have to be cut from a donor car (or bought new from Nissan) and welded and bonded onto your chassis. This is expensive.

I know you have strong sentimental attachment to your car, and I don't blame you, you put a lot of work into it. Regardless, you are better off in the long run starting with a new Z. Because even if you do rebuild this car it will now be under a "salvage" title with a "major collision damage" mark on your CarFax report, making future resale value near worthless.

Before going any further, you need to get a vehicle buy back price from your insurance company and decide what will be the most economical route for you to pursue.

As an FYI to those of you who have heavily (and expensively) modified Zs you may want to ask your insurance agent about carrying additional coverage. By default insurance policies will only reimburse you a "fair market value" for your car. Which assumes a bone stock, zero mod car. It is possible to switch to a policy where you insure your car for a fixed dollar amount. This type of policy is generally more expensive, but can pay off if you ever have to use it.

Once again, sorry about the ride man

Regards,
Ronin Z

·
Registered
482 Posts
Yes listen to Ronin. People tend not to realise how important the roof structure is to a car. This is why a pop-top is never as stiff as the same car in hardtop fashison. Heck even a sunroof model car usually is less stiff (nevermind buttload heavier in the wrong place).

Also on a savlaged title car, how does insurance value the car then? Would you not have to be forced to a fixed value insurance which would make insurancing the "salvaged" car more expensive on a car that has no resale value. That really sounds like it can become a BIG money sink quickly.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
imo, buy the car back and take whatever parts you want to keep and sell. At that point, your only real choice is to either sell all the parts you just took off the car and say goodbye to Z.. Or buy another Z and transplant parts.

I recommend against a motorcycle or a DSM go fast car.

Best of luck.. Whatever you do; don't fix this thing. Cause it's dead. :(

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
If you're talking about an EVO or STi, then **** NO. I've even considered a used C6. Again, no. This Z is something really special to me at least . . . . and I could care less what others think.

Pictures added in original post.
Rock on, Z brother! Rock on!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I think I'm gonna look at getting another Z and transplanting parts.

Thanks everyone, now I'm off to looking at other Z's.

>__<

Thanks everyone, my car will make a comeback and I will always remain a part of the Z community.

·
Registered
108 Posts
yo gunmetalz ,
what part of washington you from. I just left that state.. and what are you doing in Oregon in winter time? I'm asking cuz i'm from oregon and and stationed in ft. lewis washington...
What about looking into a track model and souping that up? that's would be tightttttttttttttt...aight mang peaceeee...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dude that sucks, sorry to hear about ur car. Good thing is that ur ok and alive. Poor Z. Well hey if ur intersted in a bike, Ive got an 05' Honda CBR 600rr (black). I'd be willing to trade for that TT kit. PM me if ur interested.

·
Registered
7,998 Posts
I honestly would not recommend rebuilding your car. You have received damage to the A-pillars and roofline. Not to mention the rear driver's side quarter panel. These parts will have to be cut from a donor car (or bought new from Nissan) and welded and bonded onto your chassis. This is expensive.

I know you have strong sentimental attachment to your car, and I don't blame you, you put a lot of work into it. Regardless, you are better off in the long run starting with a new Z. Because even if you do rebuild this car it will now be under a "salvage" title with a "major collision damage" mark on your CarFax report, making future resale value near worthless.

Before going any further, you need to get a vehicle buy back price from your insurance company and decide what will be the most economical route for you to pursue.

As an FYI to those of you who have heavily (and expensively) modified Zs you may want to ask your insurance agent about carrying additional coverage. By default insurance policies will only reimburse you a "fair market value" for your car. Which assumes a bone stock, zero mod car. It is possible to switch to a policy where you insure your car for a fixed dollar amount. This type of policy is generally more expensive, but can pay off if you ever have to use it.

Once again, sorry about the ride man

Regards,
Ronin Z
Yeah, sux.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm at a crossroads right now. Get a new Z for alotta money, swap engines, and maybe do new wheels/tires . . . . . or do a COMPLETE REVAMP of my current ride.

I can't decide!!! Part of me wants to just do the new Z, engine swap, easy etc, etc . . .

Another part of me wants to do everything custom, and get her rising from the ashes again. :(

PS - I didn't realize that I got my mother and her boyfriend in one of the pictures. Lol.
That sucks...Glad you got out of it alright...

After you decide what you are doing and you still have money to burn, pm me and I will gladly take some of the green off of your hands. J/K :nunchuk:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
WOW! glad to see that you're okay. Those pix were pretty brutal nice to see that the safety features of the car really work. I'm going to have to agree with everyone else on not rebuilding which it seems you're going to do anyways. Can't wait to see the next beast that you're going to create.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts