Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this. I know you really loved that car and had put so much into her. Here's hoping you can acquire a shell and bring her back.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
If it rolled, it's totaled. Even if it doesn't look bad, no insurance company is going to take resposibility for letting you drive a car that's been on it's head. I suggest you buy it back as salvage and pull the motor and turbos for use on another car. Then part out the rest.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad you're alive. Good luck with the rebuild. We'll be here for you (or at least the wiki will be). :cheers:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I think the front might have hit first. Airbags didn't deploy. I'm sure that's not normal, time to lawyer up?
First and foremost I'm glad you are okay.

The airbags had no reason to deploy. There was no sudden decelleration.

Why call a lawyer? Didn't you push the car too hard on slippery roads? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've contact several auto-repair shops. They said a rebuild would be expensive but completely possible. The frame is pretty much intact, no problems there. We might have to do suspension, control arms, etc, etc, etc . . . . . and of course a crapload of panels and some small interior repairs. I am sick of traction issues, I think I'm gonna do some hardcore fender rolling and get some 18x11 wheels for the rear with some 305 tires . . . . . >_< We're also installing a 6-point rollcage, probably coilovers, antisway bars and new engine management is another probability as well.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Wow that sucks....what rims/tires are you running on?

I could tell the outcome just by the first statement
Originally posted by gunmetalZ
I was in the middle of Oregon where it was cold and icy. TT does NOT like slick roads

That combo is dangerous even w/o the TT. With the TT that is a disaster waiting to happen. Sorry your baby is gone, hope you can build another one! :cry:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow that sucks....what rims/tires are you running on?

I could tell the outcome just by the first statement

That combo is dangerous even w/o the TT. With the TT that is a disaster waiting to happen. Sorry your baby is gone, hope you can build another one! :cry:
1. Crappy Tires
2. Very dangerous combo
3. Car IS getting a rebuild. That's a fact. And she's coming back with a vengeance . . . . time for new exterior and handling mods maybe? :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
dude im just thankful that u are ok, aspecially around the holidays. im sure that the people that care about u were freaked out after hearing about it.

despite the accident and what it has caused, just wait until the rebirth of the z, once u r able to get over the immediate trauma of it, the feeling of building up a z custom to your liking will just be such a thrill. its your baby coming to life. now you can have a truely amazing suspension and incredibly light z to accompany your engine.

although it is terrible that this has happened, i personally feel that everything happens for a reason. now you will understand the car better and will know what can happen if you take ur mind off of it for even a half second.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can't find the goddamned cable!!!

Gotta jet to a Z meet that I set up. Without my Z though. Kinda lame huh?

Anyways my car will be back better than ever before. Just wait and see. Monster Z in waiting. THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR THE KIND WORDS AND ENCOURAGEMENT. HAPPY HOLIDAYS AND BE SAFE . . . . . AND IF YOU HAVE A TWIN TURBO Z, DON'T BOTHER RACING A VETTE. YOU'LL SMOKE IT TO **** AND BACK. :cheers:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Man I'm really sorry to hear that : ( I know you waited a long time for it... You might consider an AWD replacement if traction is an issue?

...and it kinna depends on the vette :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Man I'm really sorry to hear that : ( I know you waited a long time for it... You might consider an AWD replacement if traction is an issue?

...and it kinna depends on the vette :thumbsup:
If you're talking about an EVO or STi, then **** NO. I've even considered a used C6. Again, no. This Z is something really special to me at least . . . . and I could care less what others think.

Pictures added in original post.

·
Premium Member
3,860 Posts
I was looking through the photos in sequence and going ... 'oh' .. 'oh no' ... 'oh **** no' .. and so on. Got to the last one showing the roof .. and it was like .. 'HOLY CRAP!' .. Man .. looking at that last pic you were lucky as **** to come out of that with scrapes and such.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was looking through the photos in sequence and going ... 'oh' .. 'oh no' ... 'oh **** no' .. and so on. Got to the last one showing the roof .. and it was like .. 'HOLY CRAP!' .. Man .. looking at that last pic you were lucky as **** to come out of that with scrapes and such.
I'm at a crossroads right now. Get a new Z for alotta money, swap engines, and maybe do new wheels/tires . . . . . or do a COMPLETE REVAMP of my current ride.

I can't decide!!! Part of me wants to just do the new Z, engine swap, easy etc, etc . . .

Another part of me wants to do everything custom, and get her rising from the ashes again. :(

PS - I didn't realize that I got my mother and her boyfriend in one of the pictures. Lol.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts