Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i got in my Z tonight to go to work and it would not start. It started to turnover but after about 2 seconds it just Clicked. It sounds like my Starter. I Got code 615 from the self test But it would not reset. 615 is Starter Relay. i was wondering if anybody with the Tech Manual ( I have one I just can't find it ) would see if there is an easy Fix. I really Don't want to tow my Car to the Dealership, if i can do something My Self. BTW has anybody else hear of this Yet?

·
Registered
331 Posts
There was an awareness published in newspapers across the country 10-31-03 about Nissans recalled to fix defective engine sensors. Check it out with your local dealer and it's under warranty. It did include the 350Z 2003 productions.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hmmmm... sounds like a problem I've been having. Every once in awhile, I go to turn on the car, and it just doesn't seem like the starter will catch on the flywheels or something. No odd noises, just won't catch. Then after 10 to 30 tries, it'll suddenly turn on. My car has done this 8 times in 2.5 weeks, in 30 degree weather, in 70 degree weather, when the motor is cold, when the motor is warm...

·
Registered
230 Posts
I was having the same problem with it not starting and a couple of times where it would shutdown while driving. Nearly killed me one time going around an offramp loop. Needless to say I was not happy and told the dealer about it. He was certain that the sensor was not the problem since my car didn't fall into the recall criteria, I insisted that he check it and hmmmmmmmmm what do you know that's what the problem was. So far I've had no problems with my car nor the service guys. I think that little I told you so got me new front tires too because of the cupping/feathering TSB

I would go to the dealer and insist on having it checked. Near death experiences aren't funny. If they don't want to go to another dealer. Good luck!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have not seen a TSB on this, is it out yet? Has anyone had the problem AND had it fixed? I have one of the early '03 models and have not had this problem. However, it sounds like it is intermittant, which the local service manager will probably put you through the hoops before he does anything about it.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Nissan Motor Co. is recalling 2.56 million vehicles worldwide because of faulty engine sensors that may prevent the vehicles from starting.

No imjuries or accidents linked to the defects have been reported.

Japan's No. 3 automaker announced yesterday a recall of 1.03 million vehicles overseas. About 700,000 were recalled in the United States and 460,000 in Europe.

In the United States, the company recalled the following vehicles under the Nissan brand: 2000-03 Sentras with 1.8-liter,four-cylinder engines; 2002-03 Sentras with 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engines; 2002 Altimas with 2.5-liter, four-cylinder engines; 2001-03 Maximas with 3.5-liter,six-cylinder engines; 2002-03 Altimas with 3.5-liter, six cylinder engines;2003 350Zs; and 2003 Muranos.

The company also recalled the following vehicles sold in the United States under its Infiniti brand: 2001-03 I35s, 2003 G35 sedans and coupes, 2001-02 Infiniti Q45s and 2003 M45s.
Nissan expects to book a charge of about $139 million or $148 million for the recall this fiscal year through March 2004. But it is not revising its outlook for a group net profit of $4.6 billion on $69 billion in sales because the recall charge has been figured into the prediction.

This was published 10-31-03 - Cleveland Plain Dealer in Ohio.

zya.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts