Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Met in a parking lot, and was told he ran the 1/4 in 12.1. I told his buddy I doubted it. Turns out he had upgraded the SC with a few mods(pulley and such)and had a flowmaster exhaust. This truck ran good, no doubt. We started from a roll in 2nd,and he jumped a 1/2 a car length pretty quickly, But the car length he had on me at 100, disapeared quick, and be the time I was at 150, he was a good 20 car lengths back. We had a spotter way up ahead and raced as safely as you can on public roads.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Nice! I can see doing 150 in the Z, but over 100 in a truck gets me nervous.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I did 142 in a Z and yes , it is scary...
also if it was a modded lightning svt , I dont think you would beat him so badly with a stock Z... I dont think you would beat him at all , they ran around 13.7 ... any more info ?

·
Registered
180 Posts

No offense but:

Sounds to me like the truck beat your Z. I'd bet once he had you at 100mph he let up...thus the reason why you had him by 20 lenths in the end. Not to mention the F-series has the aerodynamics of a brick. Don't fool yourself; he could probably consistently beat you to 100mph.
I wouldn't feel too bad he probably suprises many faster cars.

$0.02

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
I lost to a few lighnings on the track , no shame in losing to a faster car , one guy was hitting 13.6 all day long , and was pissed of cause he couldnt hook up + was spinning at second.. they are beasts + they handle very nice on the highway too.. One day I was followed by a Lighning on a highway , I downshifted and hit the gas , he was on my ass until 110 and then I let go ( wasnt too safe to keep up that speed + Im not a fan of street racing ) , he passed me and in a couple of seconds he was gone from my sight...

·
Registered
9 Posts
you should crush a harley kid at my school has one i burn his ass at least once a week. they run a mid 14+. especially from a roll you should kill that.

·
Registered
151 Posts
lbshohk ..they don't make lighting harley's the lighting is a two door and the harley is a quad cab. To someone that doesn't know much about ford though I guess you could get them mixed up.

·
5,437 Posts
[/quote]

A couple years ago I had a modded Lightning SVT to drive for a week while the kid who owned it rode his bike (Daytona Beach, Bike Week). It wasnt terribly fast, as it was really smooth but still didnt FEEL fast. Had it up past 100 on the highway to keep up with the bikes, but I can't say I felt too safe up there sittin so high on a bench seat..

Plus, im sure some of the fast feeling got sapped away through the auto box that they all come with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts