Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:irock: The other night i was going to AC from Philly and I'm on the AC expressway... I'm cruisin around 70mph and its bout 1130pm, pretty empty road. I'm with my buddy who has a mustang ( i know, i know) and we come pullin up on a Camaro SS (early 2000 model) of coarse my buddy, being a Ford guy, gives him thumbs down. I think nothing of it and steadily cruise by him... All of a sudden he downshifts and I hear what sounded like prolonged thunder... :doh: - He starts taking off and I can hear him gaining on me quick. So of coarse now pride is on the line and we have ourselves a race... :shiftdrive: I down shift and see my buddy get sucked to the passenger seat out of the corner of my eye. - The SS was starting to gain on me and just about got even with me when he shifted and bought me 1/4 of a length on him - I shifted flawlessly into 5th and pretty much held my lead on him if not gaining some ground on him into 6th. :punch: Now we are haul assin, and anyone who has ever been on the AC expressway knows its pretty straight and even the bends are mild at best. My buddy looks at my speedo and exclaims Holy SH#%! I looked down and was doing 154 mph... we went for another couple seconds then backed it down - I had a big lead on him now... i don't think he expected what he got or wasn't willing to push that hard - If he was gonna beat me he would have had to go 160 to do it... either way it was a confidence booster for me. The best part was my buddy gave me props and when the guy caught up to us at one of the lights in AC he gave me a :irock: and said he didn't know that the Z had balls like that ...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Probably 94 or earlier? (LT-1)....though you might pull on an LS-1 car, depending on the driver....(320 hp stock).

Nice Kill.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Aug 8 2005, 11:09 AM
Probably 94 or earlier? (LT-1)....though you might pull on an LS-1 car, depending on the driver....(320 hp stock).

Nice Kill.
[snapback]143032[/snapback]​

I don't even mess w/ LS1 cars... what is it they say about 'em?? Look at it cross-eyed and you can get another 100hp out of it??

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
My brother has a 99 SS with aftermarket intake and exhaust. When I had my first 350 we were both back home at our parents house. We were out messing around and were racing from red lights. Some how we managed to get a following at 2am. We went to an empty parking lot at the Ne. Dept. of roads witch also house the state patrol. I never said we were smart. Any way we lined them up and I took him both times from a dead stop to about 50, then we shut it down.

·
Registered
29 Posts
nice kill. couple things though. lt-1s in camaros were from '93-'97. ls-1 engines are beasts all around, but their top end is especially kiler, so i don't doubt that from 0-50 a Z could take them, especially with their traction issues. lt-1s were the opposite, better low end than top.

·
Registered
1 Posts
sounds like he missed a couple shifts to me, or may need a tune up.
Even the LT-1's unless bone stock should be pulling on you pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I don't doubt the "kill"at all...but - 150 in the rain? :rolf2:

Sorry. Gong. :irock:

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
My brother has a 99 SS with aftermarket intake and exhaust. When I had my first 350 we were both back home at our parents house. We were out messing around and were racing from red lights. Some how we managed to get a following at 2am. We went to an empty parking lot at the Ne. Dept. of roads witch also house the state patrol. I never said we were smart. Any way we lined them up and I took him both times from a dead stop to about 50, then we shut it down.
:yourock: either that or lucky......

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts