Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Z, hadn’t had it but a couple of weeks. Ok I was on my way home from work, about 11:30 pm (2nd shift sucks). A cop blew by me on Cockrell Hill, he got caught at the next red light (Red Bird Ln.). So we’re sitting at the light, I look at him and he looks back at me. The light turns Green and he pulls out kind of quick so I punch it with control (I didn’t wont to burn rubber). At the end of 2nd I’m ahead of him and pretty much going the speed limit and so I get off of it just a little after shifting into 3rd. He pulled up next to me and looked at me for a few second (Felt like an eternity). Then he sped off (I can image shaking his head). I don’t know what I was thinking but one thing for sure I wont do that anymore. But it felt good, to win sort of a race, without a speeding ticket make’s it that much sweeter!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
I just got my Z, hadn’t had it but a couple of weeks. Ok I was on my way home from work, about 11:30 pm (2nd shift sucks). A cop blew by me on Cockrell Hill, he got caught at the next red light (Red Bird Ln.). So we’re sitting at the light, I look at him and he looks back at me. The light turns Green and he pulls out kind of quick so I punch it with control (I didn’t wont to burn rubber). At the end of 2nd I’m ahead of him and pretty much going the speed limit and so I get off of it just a little after shifting into 3rd. He pulled up next to me and looked at me for a few second (Felt like an eternity). Then he sped off (I can image shaking his head). I don’t know what I was thinking but one thing for sure I wont do that anymore. But it felt good, to win sort of a race, without a speeding ticket make’s it that much sweeter!!!!!!!!!!!! :doh:

Bwhahahahah!!! :lmfao: That's great!!

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Was he driving a Ford? If so, good kill. :lol:

I bet he was thinking, "If only I had a Z right now..."

·
Registered
286 Posts
Was he driving a Ford? If so, good kill. :lol:

I bet he was thinking, "If only I had a Z right now..."

nuh uh... Killing the Crown Victorias is a peice of cake. During my previous life as the cops I drove the Crown Vics, Caprices and even the Chrysler K- cars. The Crown Vics have a slightly higher top end than the Caprices, but you need a calander to clock them to 60. The Chevies had better acceleration. You could spin the wheels on take-off in the Caprices, the Fords would just bog down. At speeds approaching 100 the Crown Vics would begin to lift, almost as if they wanted to become airborn. That would tend to pucker your ass when you had to get somewhere fast! The Chryslers of the mid 80s wera a different story. We would just pray that they would stay together.

P.S. That Caprice on the left was in one piece when I took it out one afternoon. No one was happy when I brought it back.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
:ahhh: RU crazy man? I'd be sitting there still waiting for him to dissappear over the horizon! :ahhh: lol
Foril man!!! I just killed a prelude about 10 minutes ago in my "destroy all hondas" campaigne, and almost ended up with a ticket. So after smashing him for about the 5th time he pulls back up and yells.."COPS"...sure enough. Figured he was pulling out for a doughnut, so I just whipped into my neighborhood and went home....convenient....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dun kno what type car he was in, when he pulled away it I was still trying to check that I wasn't going over the speed limit. A friend of mine told me he still could have given me a ticket (Sited some legal stuff), me I was like I know, I know but sometimes like Dave Chappelle said "Sometimes you just got to race a..." Anyway thanks for the my prop's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pulled up next to a Duncanville cop the other night coming home and guess what fella's, I didn't even think about it. Yep I escaped once in a life time and figured I better not push it. Plus to those guys are always on duty when there in there cars verses a lot of DP's take there cursers home. Anyway I've already been to the Mountain top and I've seen the promise land (Yea we might be faster but the Radio and Helicopters are faster). So no more swimming with the piranha now I'm getting in with the sharks (GT's, RX8's, Old Vette's and ect.).. So if you see a Red 2004, after market Rims (18's), Limo Tint, light weight bone-stock Base model (6MT / No LSD) and your feeling generous, point at the Red light and then give me your lunch money at the next one (LoL). Lata' my Z family!!!!!!!!!! :nana:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
i had friends that tried that before and they both got tickets.....
Your friends tried racing cops?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
sorry you all, but I know that street racing is bad enough, endangering the lives of someone on the street then bragging about it being against a cop who technically should have arrested you if this truly happened, is just plain irresponsible. :closed:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.