Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i was cruising home from ft worth,TX and this kid with his civic which had an exhaust and intake from what i heard comes flying past me and im like O **** NO!! so i get up right next to him and show him whos boss and for the most part. You never know when someone could have some serious power in that little car. So as always i get to an open lane, and he wont even come near me,LOL. o well i guess he wanted to show off his intake while traffic was around. not really a kill but more of a story, I just dont understand why they do that crap!!!

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
They want to show, but don't have no go! LOL

The guy next door to our house has a civic that he has put an intake on and one of those coffee can exhaust with the opening the size of your head. Sounds like a giant fart coming down the road, but to each his own. His buddies come round with their CRX and old accord and they drive up and down the road a million times a day revving up their engines. I don't know what that is all about.
At least they have fun, but when I go out to start up my baby (when she's here) heads turn and they all drop jaws!!!
Can't wait to get her back and see eyes pop out of heads when they see her new wheels!

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jinxx u make me sick
, b/c u got new wheels, im jealous!! i need to start saving so i can get some to.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Originally posted by 350z+Apr 9 2004, 04:11 PM-->QUOTE (350z @ Apr 9 2004, 04:11 PM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Daking350Z
@Apr 9 2004, 11:59 AM
Thats funny..I got my ASS handed to me by an 11 second civic..

daking, at the track right?

There's a bunch of little hatchcraps running around with lots of boost. When you're running with 250 - 450+ fwhp in a car that's less than 2400lbs, you're going to fly. I remember a guy around here that had one with 509fwhp that ran low 10s, and it was his daily driver. Traction was obviously an issue...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
YEh. I want $3,000 wheels & a $9,000 motor in my $1500 car...
...& still have torque steer. Paint me in primer, lower me till I scrape at every intersection, rip out my interior, etc, etc...$pend as much as you want on the civic...you'll still have a civic when you're done. Being outrun isn't the same thing as being outclassed...IMHO.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Jun 2 2004, 04:15 PM
YEh.  I want $3,000 wheels & a $9,000 motor in my $1500 car...
...& still have torque steer.  Paint me in primer, lower me till I scrape at every intersection, rip out my interior, etc, etc...$pend as much as you want on the civic...you'll still have a civic when you're done.  Being outrun isn't the same thing as being outclassed...IMHO.

So true. It may be fast but its still a nasty little civic. I just dont get the whole thing with wanting them to go fast. The car was in no way ever designed to be a fast. **** the Fast and the Furious for making these kids believe that because you put a fart can and an intake on your little grocery getter it will be fast. I guess the whole theory is that you can put enough money into anything and it will go fast. Just like the quote "You can put a rocket engine on a dump truck and it will be fast but it will still be a dump truck."

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Haha. Civic modding began long before the movie made it take off. Think about it, what's a cheap car with a sh!tload of cheap aftermarket parts? Civic.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Jun 2 2004, 05:00 PM
Haha.  Civic modding began long before the movie made it take off.  Think about it, what's a cheap car with a sh!tload of cheap aftermarket parts?  Civic.

Yeah I know that modding POS 4 banger cars was here before the FF came out. It just brought it out into the open much more.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Ok, I hate ricers as much as the next guy, but did it ever occur to anyone that the reason they're driving civics and building them up slowly is maybe because they can't afford the $600/month car payment, or maybe because they really enjoy working on they're cars. If they buy a cheap car, then they have more money to spend on better equipment.

What I hate is when they get one of those cars, put a front bumper on it (no skirts or rear bumper) and a coffee can muffler and that's all they ever do with it. I have mad respect for someone who is willing take the time and spend money take a POS civic and turn it into 300HP screamer with a great paint job and wheels and stereo and body kit and whatever else they decide to put in it.

Look at it this way, would any of knock a guy for buying a 240SX and building it up. Of course not, because for some reason it fits into some other category, but it's really the same thing. I know I had one. And with no mods, it was fun to drive, but didn't have very much power.

It's more of a culture for them anyway, not as much about how fast you can go. To each his own, I say.

BTW - I'm a Z owner, but I've had an '84 Celica GT (Big POS), a '91 240SX, a 2002 WRX, and 2000 Golf GLS prior to the Z and all of them had they're pluses, some more than others. At one point when I had my Golf I had contemplated dropping in the neighborhood of $10,000 into that, but decided not to because it still would not have "my car". But now I'm rambling, so I'll leave you with this.

No one likes a snob! Even if you are a Z snob.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Well put.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jun 3 2004, 07:51 AM
Ok, I hate ricers as much as the next guy, but did it ever occur to anyone that the reason they're driving civics and building them up slowly is maybe because they can't afford the $600/month car payment, or maybe because they really enjoy working on they're cars.  If they buy a cheap car, then they have more money to spend on better equipment.

It's more of a culture for them anyway, not as much about how fast you can go.  To each his own, I say.

Very well put Ched. There are 2 guys next door who are early 20's. They are out there each night, and every weekend working on their Hondas. Their friends come and bring theirs round too. They work like mad on these things. One of the civics has an Integra engine in it, and another dude w/ the accord is going to do the same thing. They are all about the hondas and the modding. It is a culture, just like our little Z culture. They are REALLY cool guys too. They come over when I am working on the Z and chat and ask what is the latest mod etc. One guy said to me upon meeting me for the first time "I just wanted to come over and check your beast of a Z out, I have been wanting to talk to you about it for a long time...I love all cars, and people who love their cars, and I can tell you are in love with yours for sure. It doesn't matter what kind of car it is, I am just an enthusiast".

The neighbor boys have even said to me that if they had the money they'd drive Z's too, but they are in college and can't afford one right now, plus they both still live at home and Mom is handicapped and they stay to help her out. Till they can afford different cars, they are pimpin out the Hondas every way they can.....

But it's still fun to smoke the little boys w/ the RICER ATTITUDE/ MENTALITY when you can! But look out, they are not all Honda engines under the hoods.....

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Yeah an enthusiast is an enthusiast regardless of what kind of car they're modding. Those civic's can be beasts if you put the right parts into them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
God, people drop your stupid-ass "It'll still be a Civic" attitude.

So? I've dropped 13k into my ride and I'm sure it can beat some Porsches and Ferraris, but it'll still be a Nissan.

Name brand has nothing to do with anything. It's all about taste... just learn to love and respect all cars... is that hard to do ?

·
Registered
785 Posts
Sorry, but I dont agree with any of this. I know dave doesnt like the whole civic thing, but i have just as much respect for a 12 second civic as i do a 12 second z. Just like someone said above, if your an enthusiast your an enthusiast. So your car wasnt made to be fast, that doesnt mean you cant make it fast.

The thing that gives people the bad names is all of the neons and crazy wings. Oh, and fast and the furious has nothing to do with it. This was around LONG before fast and the furious. The ricers started due to that.

TO EACH HIS OWN

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I agree with Chris. Only, if anything, I'd have more respect for the 12-second Civic, cause it took that guy a lot more work to do it than if he had a Z.

I guess it doesn't help that I actually live Civics. Haha

:goodtimes:</span>

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Ok I will take back a lot of what I said. I will respect a civic that is done right. I got to drive one last night that I was very impressed by. Like what Dirn said it takes a lot of work to get a civic down to as fast as our cars and that should definately be respected. What I dont like are the little ricers who have done nothing but an intake and a fart can exhaust and call it fast. Thats what the Fast and the Furious has caused. Sorry if I offended anyone. After a spin around in the one last night I have a new found respect.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by Dave079@Jun 11 2004, 12:52 AM
Ok I will take back a lot of what I said. I will respect a civic that is done right. I got to drive one last night that I was very impressed by. Like what Dirn said it takes a lot of work to get a civic down to as fast as our cars and that should definately be respected. What I dont like are the little ricers who have done nothing but an intake and a fart can exhaust and call it fast. Thats what the Fast and the Furious has caused. Sorry if I offended anyone. After a spin around in the one last night I have a new found respect.

Yea, that thing gave a whole new meaning to "traction problems", in my mind. Revlimiter was set at 9500 and past 7k the tires would just break loose.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts