Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the record I rarely ever do this on a street and I know the dangers of a street race but the temptation was just too great and I fell to weakness. I was following this mid 80's Z28 yesterday and as we was approaching a stoplight this idiot deliberately slowed down right as the light was changing. I switched lanes and the guy motioned for me to roll down the window. He said "nice car, looks slow" and started to rev up. Yeah I know i got a 5AT but i turned off the A/C and dropped to manual shift. Light changed and we both punched it. To make this story short he never stood a chance, his front end never reached the rear end of my car and by my third shift he was a car length behind. Back in the day I use to think those cars were fast.

·
Premium Member
5,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no mullet, was just some punk looking kid. not sure about the A/C cutting off automatically but I didn't take any chances

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Sweet! Woohoo, look at my mullet blow in the wind! Nice kill. I believe those things have a 350 under the hood? Or is it a 305? I don't blame you for falling to temptation. It was karma that you needed to teach a lesson. People just need to learn the hard way to respect the Z.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Originally posted by lionkiller@Aug 25 2004, 11:53 AM
4th gen with LS1 might give you a problem...but I suspect this car's as fast as or faster than a stock 5.7 TPI, too...

yeah I believe they are around mid 13's stock

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah, the A/C cuts out at WOT. You can tell it in the summer when it does it. The air will get a little warmer for a few seconds.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
congrats on the kill man :cheers:
good to hear... i know exactly that type of driver
i cant count the mid 80s camaros and firebirds around here that think they are God's gift to the road

·
Registered
85 Posts
My god, a Z beat the almighty V-8 powered superstar Z-28?!? Well all you doubters, read this bit of history on the lamented 1984 Camaros..

On the mechanical side, Cross-Fire injection was dropped, but the Z28 offered an optional 5.0-liter 190-hp H.O. (650-cfm) V8 engine (an emblem located on left side of rear bumper was marked "5.0 Liter H.O"). It came hooked to either a 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic transmission. This engine, introduced in the spring, was the most powerful carbureted engine offered in a 1984 Chevy.

Even if the redneck added one hundred horsepower through mods, it still loses... :oops:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts