Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
Its strange my Z sounds different now at 12500 miles. I am not sure what it is. I dont drive it much anymore since I bought a beater car but I drove it yesterday evening and this morning and the engine sounds alot louder. Has anyone experienced this with their Z? :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Could be a few things. Over time, the exhaust system can change notes as certain parts get "broken in" by the heating and cooling process. Carbon buildup can also alter the sound of the exhaust by changing the relative airflow and pressure.

Also, your baby may sound a bit different because you're simply not used to it. I know the best performance mod I ever bought for my Z was my kia-beater. After driving the kia all week long, the Z feels like it gained another 100 hp!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be a few things. Over time, the exhaust system can change notes as certain parts get "broken in" by the heating and cooling process. Carbon buildup can also alter the sound of the exhaust by changing the relative airflow and pressure.

Also, your baby may sound a bit different because you're simply not used to it. I know the best performance mod I ever bought for my Z was my kia-beater. After driving the kia all week long, the Z feels like it gained another 100 hp!

God doesnt it? I swear its faster than the last time I drove it. Its unbelievable!!!! But yes it definitely sounds different. It was softer before now it sounds like a monster. Like hearing a V8 engine passing you on the street. Should I be worried?

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could also be the cooler air now in the fall down there :dunno: breathing better! :wink:

ps welcome back :wavey:

could be we were hit with a slight cold front after hurricane.

ps. Thanks I stop by time to time.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Interesting. My Z-tech pit crew at KINSTON NISSAN in Greenville, NC, claim the same thing. They swear these get stronger over time. One told me they took an '03 in trade that had around 40k on it, and the service manager took it out and said it screamed. Wouldn't that be nice - to look forward to a stronger and stronger engine. :shiftdrive:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts