Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

"Z" Exhaust..

6K views 66 replies 20 participants last post by  lionking 
#1 ·
Just a quicky to ask who has an exhaust on their Z, where did ya get it, and how much did it set you back..??

Cheers
Steve

#3 ·
He's not going to find anything search this forum about Australian content! :headshake: It's all new...we've just started!

I have a Hi-tech that you can get from Lambros for around 1700 bucks installed. They are based in Sydney but ship everywhere.

There was a vid going around with scathing's car I believe. It sounded like a good reproduction of what you should expect for sound.

As for gains. You'll get a minor increase all around with a massive lift up high. The avg gain i've seen is around 16rwkw.

#4 ·
yeh Steve you will find most aussies have the hitech or the Nismo system...

CAR (CAR2 from the old forums) was kind enough to let me take his hi-tech equipped Z for a quick lap around the suburbs the other week.. sounded daaaaaamn nice, a lot nicer and louder than stock when on the gas but relatively subdued when driving sedately... and it DOES NOT sound like a dunnydoor V6 with an aftermarket exhaust thank fcuK ! .. yeh Scandrew has a clip around here somewhere.. here ya go;

http://members.optusnet.com.au/scandrew/350zlow.mpg

here is also another exhaust i been thinking about.. the Top Speed Pro N1 or something or other... works out about the same $$$ as the hitech i think but sounds a lot louder on the vid.. never heard one in real life though so it might sound like ass ;

http://members.iinet.net.au/~armstronghome...aust_edited.mpg

#6 ·
I'm waiting for the Dual APS exhaust, it was supposed to be released last month. I'm not quiet sure what has happened to that one.

#10 ·
There has been comparisons made with dynos etc and the APS exhaust is supposed to make a few more kws than the HiTech exhaust. The APS exhaust is a true dual exhaust while the HiTech uses a Y-pipe into the muffler. They both have two exhaust outlets in the stock locations. The HiTech exhaust tips are very nice, they are a little thicker with a different bezel and as a result they catch the light better. They are both look very professional and look like they belong there.

#11 ·
Here's the APS exhaust http://www.airpowersystems.com.au/350z/exhaust/exhaust.htm It looks very nice in my opinion, also what I like about it is that it has 2 flex joints, it should prenent rattling and cracking of the exhaust and the rear muffler has the stock shape which acts like a diffuser.

The only problem with it is, it's not released yet.

#17 ·
Originally posted by mchapman@Oct 31 2004, 11:48 PM
There has been comparisons made with dynos etc and the APS exhaust is supposed to make a few more kws than the HiTech exhaust. The APS exhaust is a true dual exhaust while the HiTech uses a Y-pipe into the muffler. They both have two exhaust outlets in the stock locations. The HiTech exhaust tips are very nice, they are a little thicker with a different bezel and as a result they catch the light better. They are both look very professional and look like they belong there.

what about sound-wise??? anyone know how the APS sounds compared to the Hi-tech?????

#18 ·
nang3, the only person who knows what it sounds like (as far as I know) is David, the guy with APS TT system, I forgot his nick on this board.

#19 ·
Originally posted by ACT350Z@Oct 31 2004, 10:34 PM
Thanks nang3 and Zuffy, we dont get many option in the ACT..

MDZowner, thanks for your useless reply..

I for one don't go through forum by forum to see all the posts, I just use the 'view new posts' option. Because of this, it's easy to miss which forum you're reading.

That said, I'm sure mdzowner didn't realize you were looking for responses from people ONLY in Australia. Almost any exhaust brand you can buy has been installed on someone's car in the US, so doing a search would help you in 99% of the cases.

Don't mean to be a jerk, but I think your comment was completely uncalled for.

#20 ·
Doing a search and reading about exhausts Z owners in America have put on there cars is irrelevant. I was looking for Z owners in Australia with exhausts, and hence where they purchased it. Considering the Americans supply the Aussies with shonky 350 Chev engines for our Holdens, id hardly go and purchase an exhaust from the US.

in saying that, thankyou for enlightening me.

Cheers
Steve

#22 ·
Considering the Americans supply the Aussies with shonky 350 Chev engines for our Holdens, id hardly go and purchase an exhaust from the US.

Hence, if there Chevy engines imported in OZ are anything to go buy, there exhausts wouldnt be much better..??

Make sence.?

#24 ·
thanks cedusett, i thought it was a general question because i didnt see anywhere in the origional post that is said aussie specific.
and act350z,
i didnt think you would get so fired up about a misunderstanding. maybe next time you'll ACT less like a jerkoff.
mdzowner
:kissmy:

#25 ·
I had a VT GenIII V8, there is plenty wrong with it, my cousin has a VY R8, 7000k on the clock, and its pissing and farting already.. Again a conflict of opinions seems to be an issue. My point is, and has been, that i dont want an "IMPORTED" exhaust as you mentioned Dave, hence why i posted a topic in the OZ section, asking the locals for details. We shouldnt have topics, just on big thread, seeing as we go off the track so often.. :0)

#26 ·
Originally posted by ACT350Z@Nov 1 2004, 04:29 PM
Considering the Americans supply the Aussies with shonky 350 Chev engines for our Holdens, id hardly go and purchase an exhaust from the US.

Hence, if there Chevy engines imported in OZ are anything to go buy, there exhausts wouldnt be much better..??

Make sence.?

I'm not trying to start an argument here, but unless Chevy is making all of these aftermarket exhausts here in the US, the Chevy 350 is really apropos of nothing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.