Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

121 - 140 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
We call our 89 LeBaron convertible, "Lucy"

When it comes to the Z, we have always referred to her as "The Z".

Our 05 Magnum RT (yeah, it's got a Hemi) is "The Mother Ship". Not because the mother of the house drives her, but because she is MASSIVE.

The wife and I were taking the Magnum to the dealer for some work. She was in the Magnum and I was in the Z. I was in front but got stuck in my lane behind slower traffic. Rather than cut in front of my wife, I politely waited for her to go by, planning to tuck in behind the Magnum after it went by, I was struck at how I was looking up at her door handles as she went by and the car seemed to be as long as a stretch limo.

At that moment, the opening scene of a "Star Wars" movie came to mind. In the scene, two fighters are in a dogfight in outer space. The audience is instantly captured by the drama of the battle between these two, nimble, acrobatic weapons engaged in combat then BOOM! One of them suddenly explodes, and the massive lumbering mother ship that just squashed one of the fighters like a bug engulfs the whole screen.....

That's our Magnum. Our Mother Ship.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I love finding cool, old threads. It's been a while, but I'm sure more members have registered and named theirs.

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (captaind77 @ May 25 2008, 01:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=530501
Julie

-After Julie Andrews, who held the leading role in the opening production of My Fair Lady. I'm sure (or I hope) you've all got the reference from there.
Hate to admit that I find that funny, but I do.

The previous owner of my car named it 'BOOM'. He didn't have a gender for it - sometimes a girl, sometimes a boy.

BOOM's not a real name, so I changed it.

I named it Luthien. After a character from the Lord of the Rings (The Simillirion). She was a super hot elf maiden.

If you didn't want to bash me after the Julie Andrew comment, you will after that one.

The Z is now officially a girl. I don't want to ride in a boy.

If I ever get a GTR I'm naming him Thorondor. Who is the King of the Eagles from LOTR again (I like the names!). GTRs are boys and Z are girls y'see.

I'll deal with the 'riding in boys' thing when the time comes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I've drive a 35th Anniversary model...

...Annie seems appropriate.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
The Miata is Angie, after the character in Dennis Lehane's books. Doesn't really match, but whatever.

~Pata

·
Premium Member
3,368 Posts
Well the 350Z is called suZy.

The 280Z is called Ami....which means asian beauty in japanese

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (datakman @ Jan 1 2009, 04:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=564430
[attachment=26091:2003__350z.JPG]My co-workers call it my Penis

I get the same. I enjoy the fun making though, 'cause I got a ton of material for each of them!

I also get "I bet you thought you'd get lots of girls when you bought that car (Note: I do not get lots of girls, before or after the car)"...

Philistines.

·
Registered
18 Posts
So...what did you name you car??

Hey everyone! This is a thread to tell everyone what you proudly(or not so proudly) named your car, and perhaps the story behind it!

Doesn't necessarily have to be a Z car, but you know how it goes...

Ill start out:
My 350z's name is Zor, which is short for Zorro :lol:

121 - 140 of 143 Posts