Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this is my first post here and in the next month or two, I'll be a proud owner of a new 350Z. Now down to business....

I'm looking for a general opinion on the first basic mods under a $1000 budget. I'm pretty sure it'll be something along the lines of filter, intake, exhaust but I'm not too familiar with the import aftermarket companies as I (dare I say) am a former Mustang owner. So if you could throw in brand name recommendations, I'd appreciate it. (or maybe even a few popular online vendors)

I am checking out all the past posts here too so hopefully by they time this post has a few replies, I'll have edu-macated myself.

Thanks all,
Mike

ps - I just realized the "vendor / advertiser" issue so I guess you can leave out the specific vendors - I'll just check out the companies linked on this website. :newbie:

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
:welcome: to the club.

Modding the Z is NOT as easy as a domestic.
I'd suggest that you read a few of the horror stories from the FI threads - they will tell you what you don't want to do.

I'd suggest that you outline your goals.
What do you really want out of the car max HP monster / a fun little toy / a track machine. All come with their strengths & weaknesses.

Once you figure out what you want out of the car then you can start to organize a mod list. Otherwise you'll end up spending good $'s on stuff you'll end up replacing in the future.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
JWT pop charger ~ $100
Test pipes ~ $150-300
Exhaust ~ $600-1200
Headers ~ $300-1100
Plenum/spacers ~ $200-400
Other intake systems ~ $150-250
Brake pads ~ $65-150
SS lines ~ $100-200

and so on ad infinitum...

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
I'd say you couldn't do anything that's going to make a huge difference for less than 1k, maybe a nitrous kit, I haven't looked up prices though.

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
[/quote]

I agree.. for $1000, look forward to seeing massive gains of 8-10 whp :rolf2:

You'd be much better off adding an aero kit or stereo work. Hate to say it, but its true. :doh:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I'd get:

Eibach Springs $200
Stoptech Stage 1 or 2 Brake Kit $300 or 600
JWT Popcharger $110
Helix Test Pipes $100 (used)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts