1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The page doesn't seem to be working for me, but it seems odd that they're dissing it. Just 2 weeks or a month ago, the Brits were saying it was the shiznit.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I have seen this one. I dont always exactly agree with what top gear says. They are normally biased towards British or european cars.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah...exactly. Look at the cars that guy has driven that he is trying to put a comparison to. I mean...he gets to drive all the Porsches, Ferraris, Austins and cars of that caliber.

He is right about the interior though.

·
Registered
57 Posts
top gear hates on everything. its their job. ...

unless of course the car costs over 150k and it is british.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh that Jeremy guys a dipshit.. partly cause hes so one-eyed about british yuppy cars and partly cause im daaaamn jealous of his job hahaha...

but i can see why he thinks the Z is average when he tests Koenigseggs, Pagani Zondas, Nobles, Lambos, BMW M series, AMG mercs etc etc probably on a weeky basis...
he himself drives an SL55 AMG the cucky lunt!!!

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Old clip, still annoys me.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Yeh, it's an old clip.

I've seen the full show and it's a pathetic attempt at a sports car enthusiast show.

It's more like a Jerry Springer meets a Jaguar dealership kinda show.... :lame:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by zuffy@Nov 4 2004, 01:25 AM
It's more like a Jerry Springer meets a Jaguar dealership kinda show.... :lame:

:jerry:

Although, wouldn't he hate Jaguars too?

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
i really don't take what magazines or car shows say as gospel. i got the car because it suited me, not because someone gave it a good review

·
Registered
8 Posts
Seems a little weird, it's always had favorable write ups here in Oz!

Comes across as being a bit a whingeing pom doesn't he!?! Possibly he's got the sooks with the Zed cos it won car of the year in Car Magazine and he thought something else deserved to win!?!

Is the VQ really French!?! Next thing they'll be telling us the RB26 is Korean! It's not such a bad engine, particularly when you consider that it's shared with SUV's and luxury barges and wasn't developed from the start as an all out sports car engine...

Looks are subjective...

He's says he doesn't want to drive it briskly across those beautiful English back roads cos it sounds terrible and because a Yanky rock star smashed his car on the same road... What's wrong with this guy, obviously been spoilt on Porsches and Ferrari's for too long or maybe the hash browns he had for breakfast were repeating on him!

Yes, we all know the interior is cheap and the stereo is crap. Thank god that awful centre compartment lid has been replaced with something half decent in the 2004-5 models!

The Zed has been described as the best coupe under 100 grand in Aus, and it's really not hard to see why when you drive one at 9 or 10 tenths on your favorite road!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I stoped watching after 2 mins. :jk:

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by steveaustin@Nov 5 2004, 01:12 AM
Is the VQ really French!?! Next thing they'll be telling us the RB26 is Korean!

He's says he doesn't want to drive it briskly across those beautiful English back roads cos it sounds terrible and because a Yanky rock star smashed his car on the same road...

Yes, the VQ is French, but don't worry, the RB is still Japanese. The VQ was developed by Renault. But the RB was developed before Renault bought Nissan.

And Rick Allen isn't a Yanky. Def Leppard is from Sheffield

1 - 17 of 17 Posts