Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know you're ass is outa shape when you're hurt from a brake change. I changed my brakes Monday evening. To this day, I can barely walk 'cause my quads and hamms (spelling?) and the back of my arms are freakin' killing me. I'm like what the ****! I've been riding my mountain bike (on the street) for like 2.5 hours straight and hitting a 70/80 pound bag :punch: 'til I can't lift my arms. Apparently, they do nothing for squatting and kneeling and busting bolts loose when doing brake changes. Must have missed a couple of the muscle groups. :lol:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
That's normal. You're putting a lot of effort in positions that aren't normal. You're basically using muscles to support yourself in a new way.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I agree with Smooth, that doesn't necessarily mean that you are out of shape.

·
4,328 Posts
I agree with the other guys. Your soreness doesn't mean you as a whole are out of shape, it just means that the muscles that you were using weren't used to the task you were putting them up to.

I work out 3-4 times a week, plus martial arts on the off days, and am in decent shape. But about 6 months ago we were doing some install, test, and inspection work on some equipment that involved me having to lay on some scaffolding with my arms raised above my head in an awkward position for hours on end. I was sore for a week afterward.

-Ronin Z

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Try doing burpees or squats with a medicine ball that you throw up against a wall on the upward thrust. :faint:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
^^ That's why I hold my breath when biking. :)
excellent strategy!!!!

My back always hurts when I'm leaning over working on the engine bay... I'm very tall and my car is very short, it's a bad mix...

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I spent 3 hours working on a Crawford plenum install yesterday. My lower back was screaming at me. Long story short, we didn't realize that we had to use 2 gaskets for the plenum to rectify the godawful sound of a very loud whistling/whining coming from the plenum not seating perfectly on the lower.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
excellent strategy!!!!

My back always hurts when I'm leaning over working on the engine bay... I'm very tall and my car is very short, it's a bad mix...
+1, half the reason I want a lift is to get my car up about 3 feet so I'm not hurt the next day.

~Pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts