Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Ok Buddy now I've seen your pics - I have a few questions for you.

1. @ how fast were you rolling through that curve before the @zz end kicked out on you?

2. According to the pics there seems to be very little damage done to the hillside - apart from what was required to pull your butt out of there - did it seem like others had "blazed" that trail before you?

3. How long did your ass hold up traffic on the Dragon?

4. Who's slower - A Z over the side, a Minivan or a Harley rider?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
1. I was going about 15-20mph when I nailed it into 2nd.

2. It appears that I barely blazed a trail, but it was in no means a clear ride. I ran over a few small "trees" on my way down. If it had been 10 feet to the right or left, we would not have been so fortunate. We went down a "slope" as opposed to the "cliff" that surrounded us.

3. I held up traffic for about 10 minutes while they were towing me out. Other than that, you couldn't even see the car from the road, so I wasn't catching too many bottleneckers :wink:

4. A Z is always faster. The hog wins the competition against the minivan.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
15-20 miles and hour around that small curve and that happens! ****!

[email protected] mean "at" not "about". ;)
I'm in agreement that 15-20 mph doesn't seem to be moving all that fast for that set of turns, but I believe that the one that's hiding around the next bend is a bit trickier to navigate at much speed.

DJ :nana: @ can mean many things including at or about :werd:

Buddy you are almost correct. Yes the Z wins the race, but a minivan always beats a Harley :helpsmilie:

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
I'm in agreement that 15-20 mph doesn't seem to be moving all that fast for that set of turns, but I believe that the one that's hiding around the next bend is a bit trickier to navigate at much speed.

DJ :nana: @ can mean many things including at or about :werd:

Buddy you are almost correct. Yes the Z wins the race, but a minivan always beats a Harley :helpsmilie:
sorry....

@ mean "at" --> A commercial at, @, also called an at symbol, an at sign, or just at, and sometimes mistakenly called an ampersand (& is the ampersand), is a symbolic abbreviation for the word at. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%40

≈ means "about", "almost equal to" (it's also know as asymp)

:nana:

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Just cruising around...

Whee! Look, it's the gas pedal!

Wow, I probably shouldn't have hit that pedal so hard...

Yep, definitely shouldn't have hit it that hard...

Driving away to pay the tow truck guy.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
At least you're driving it after...

I remember taking those corners in 1st and 2nd gears but never goosing it. You got slicks on back there, Buddy?

·
Registered
823 Posts
**** Buddy, that one where your car is disappearing down the slope makes my heart pound fast and I'm sitting her at the computer! I'm just so thankful that you and your gf came out of it unharmed!!

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 Pole Possitions...and no, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Honestly, I think it was the sway bar settings. I had them set to med/med and I definitely should have had the back set to soft or the front set to hard. I enjoyed the neutral steering completely, but on the medium setting with my foot in the throttle the back end didn't want to stay in line.

·
5,437 Posts
at 15-20 miles an hour...there was that much roll in the car? the first pic looks like there's a lot of roll in the body.

that picture where you're going off the edge is pretty crazy!!

Yeah Buddy, spill the beans.. you were in the middle of 3rd, weren't you.. lol

Glad to see everything/everyone is relatively ok. Could have been MUCH worse (thinks of blue Skyline-in-a-tree picture).

So Sides and a Aerosync front bumper now? Do it do it.. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow thats crazy

thats what im kinda worried about, im used to suv's this would be my 1st sports car, im sure im going to take it very slow at 1st.

·
Premium Member
6,474 Posts
Bridgestone Potenza SO-3 Pole Possitions...and no, I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Honestly, I think it was the sway bar settings. I had them set to med/med and I definitely should have had the back set to soft or the front set to hard. I enjoyed the neutral steering completely, but on the medium setting with my foot in the throttle the back end didn't want to stay in line.

sorry to bring up an old post.. and i'm certainly not meaning to pick on you.

Lots of people say that they like or want neutral.. you don't... nuetral is BAD! :)

what you like is Less understeer, without getting nuetral.

With your preferred setting of rear = soft and front = hard.. you are actually increasing the understeer over stock.

Peace!

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
:bump: !!! for ZdayZ is within a month and closing, lets be safe boys and girls.
Jonez, no attempts to drift the corners of The Dragon. :rotflmao:

21 - 40 of 44 Posts