Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made my trip to the ZDayz Fall Fling at Deal's Gap, NC. I was on my way to Fontana Village, where everyone was staying, making my way in on the curvy roads that make up NC-129. Well, I made my way around a particular "S" bend where killboy.com was shooting pictures for their website. As I came around the first turn of the bend, I stepped on the throttle in 2nd gear. Obviously, this wasn't a good decision. The back end came around on me very quickly, so I corrected. I corrected a little too much, and corrected the other way, sending my back end around on me again. I also made the mistake of lifting off the throttle. :doh:

Well, I went sliding off the cliff. Here are some pics of it.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:OMG: Scarey ****, man. I'm glad you came out of that w/o injuries. Who was behind you when it happened?

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Noone was behind me.

The fender, sideskirt, and front bumper all have to be replaced. I'm considering my options at this point.

All in all, we came out much luckier than we should have. 10 feet to the right or left and we would have been in some deep trouble. Could have ended up flipping.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The title for the thread came from the mouth of the officer that pulled up to the accident. It was the first thing out of his mouth :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
That's a strong little tree that stopped you.

Glad to see you're ok.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Damb that sucks. At least your ok.

·
Registered
43 Posts
wow...that sucks

good thing you're ok

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
for a second there i though u were pulling a prank on us here!
i thought the first image was photoshoped....LOL
man the feeling you had while going down the cliff must be horrible. Im glad to see that you are ok. it could have been worse. I hope that the damage is not as bad as it seems. Did you fully inspect the car? I hope no chasis or internal damages occured

1 - 20 of 44 Posts