Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought a new red touring coupe 350 i just want to know when i should get my oil change ..... is it at 500 miles? for the z? should i start with mobile 1 syn? and what's the diff between 10w30 and 5w30 which one you guys recommend?

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
You can just do it between 2500-3000 miles for your first then every 3000 after. Do your first with regular then you can go with synthetic. I would use 5w30 as recommended.

·
Registered
598 Posts
congrats mike,
i would recomend reading your manual there is a ton of info there. i agree with dave on the viscosity.i also use mobil one full synthetic since my first change. even though i use synthetic i still change it every 3k.
have fun welcome to the forum.
mdzowner

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Welcome aboard. The big difference between 5w30 and 10w30 is the temperature restrictions placed on them. Here in Jersey, I use 5w30 in the winter and 10w30 the rest of the year

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'm stickin with non-synthetic, but only because it's what Nissan recommends, and I let Nissan do my oil changes when my car needs them.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Oh yeah, and welcome to the forums and congrats on the new car!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Welcome to the supreme world of Z cars.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Welcome!
Correct me guys if I am wrong but isn't the first oil change supposed to be at 2750? Or is that something else? I'd go and look at my service manual (the little one) but Lucy is actually gettin her oil changed as we speak....I am using Mobile 1 super syn 10w30 now, for winter we will switch to 5w30 like DiRN said...

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Yeah, but you can't have too many oil changes.

I think I did mine at about 2000 first time around. Got about 2500 on it since, time to put synthetic in. Once i get the synthetic in, then I'll still do it every 3000 miles. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Wait, is it 2750 or 3750? Seems like I thought it said every 3750.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'm pretty sure the first one was 3750. I only remember because I thought it was strange to wait more than 3000 miles for the first oil change.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thankyou guys a lot for the info on the oil. the car i had before when i got my z was a honda prelude sh, it was a nice car but it's nothing compared to the Z. after i test drove the z i felt like i just made love to the hottest chick in the world. the power of rear wheel drive is far more superior than front wheel drive. and now i own the chick hehe! this forum gives a lot of support that's the reason why i think this forum is one of the best but anyways i would like to end this with a quote "if you can't beat them, at least you still look good in the Z"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts