Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
dammit you beat me on the stock y pipe photo.

now everyone can see how restrictive this part really is.

Good Job!

·
Registered
798 Posts
are the y-pipes connected to the exhaust? i know it may be a stupid question but I dont know. y-pipes are they for dual? whats the difference between a single and dual...i guess i am not sure of what question i want to ask... but I went to see about pricing of exhaust and the guy kept asking single or dual system. i just said dual bc of the two exhaust that u see but apparently it may be something else. i think exhaust could be connected to one line or two. not sure. anyways if someone could answer and not riducule it would be great. thanks

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
The exhaust starts on each side of the engine coming out of the headers, then into the cats (catalytic converters) at this point the y pipe comes in, bolting to each cat and coming to one point of exit then into one pipe called the mid-pipe which then bolts to the muffler.

Our stock systems are only dual in look, it is a single systems with dual tips.

When people refer to a dual or true dual system this means eliminating the y -pipe and just having the two pipes coming out of the cats go staight back, then the only difference is if th etwo pipes go into a single muffler with dual tips or into two separate mufflers.

·
Registered
798 Posts
ok so lets say i wanted to purchase the burnt blue tip. i would just be purchasing the muffler not the whole system. is that why the guy told me it would cost 600 for everything?

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
ok so lets say i wanted to purchase the burnt blue tip. i would just be purchasing the muffler not the whole system. is that why the guy told me it would cost 600 for everything?
If you are talking about the HKS Hi power Ti mufflers (burnt blue tips) then probably yes as they run around 300 each and you would be talking about two mufflers but you would have to custom make the rest of the piping or exhaust system to meet up with them.

If you have specific name of what you were discussing with them I could be more sure of what you were looking at.

·
Registered
798 Posts
really? then maybe i am talking to the wrong guy. He told me that he would get them and just put them on he never said anything about custom making anything. He just kept asking me true dual or not. and I didnt know...

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
really? then maybe i am talking to the wrong guy. He told me that he would get them and just put them on he never said anything about custom making anything. He just kept asking me true dual or not. and I didnt know...
Well it is hard to say, I am guessing as to what you may have been talking to guy about, so if you have names of brands or systems you discussed I could figure it out.

·
Registered
798 Posts
its hard to say. he had the titanium tips on display. just the tips though. and i was asking him how much for two. i think they were borla.

·
Registered
798 Posts
oh.. well the one i want is the invidia.. i think you may have them on your car not sure who's car i saw it on. But lets say I want to get that one... i think i emailed you once and you said you didnt carry it or was that the kinetix ssv manifold cant remember... ok what all do i need to get to put it on the car. and how much exactly will this cost me. Also I am not sure of where to get all this stuff installed. do you do installations? and how long will it take?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I believe she is talking about the Invidia g200 that has burnt blue tips :) This is a complete dual exhaust system. It will replace the Y-pipe, mid pipe, and muffler. If this is the one you want, then you do not need a y-pipe. However there are some other exhaust systems that have burnt blue tips that only replace the mid-pipe and muffler.

Burnt Blue tips = titanium. Some exhausts only have the titanium tip. Some are completely made from titanium.

·
Registered
798 Posts
oh ok.. thanks josh.
does the material matter?

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To an extent the material matters. Most good exhausts are stainless steel to prevent rusting. Regular steel will rust after some time (a long time).

Titanium is more of an exotic material. It will not rust, and its main purpose is for weight savings (if used on the entire exhaust system). 40 lbs or more can be saved when using titanium. Titanium tips are for looks. Full titanium exhaust systems are a lot more expensive than stainless.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
oh.. well the one i want is the invidia.. i think you may have them on your car not sure who's car i saw it on. But lets say I want to get that one... i think i emailed you once and you said you didnt carry it or was that the kinetix ssv manifold cant remember... ok what all do i need to get to put it on the car. and how much exactly will this cost me. Also I am not sure of where to get all this stuff installed. do you do installations? and how long will it take?
Angel. I put the Invidia G200 on my car. I did a tutorial on it .. Invidia G200 Exhaust Install Tutorial

I have been completly happy with the system. I got mine from one of our vendors sw150 (Steve) at Wright Way Performance.

Invidia G200

I REALLY need to get a sound clip mad and post it.

·
Registered
798 Posts
thanks etraxx. i will check this out for sure

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I do carry Kinetix but someone did ask me about Invidia one time so it might have been you, I checked that time with Roger and I guess they had bad experiences before and just said they were cheap Taiwanese products, maybe the Z stuf is different but thst was his intial reaction.

If you want I can check and see about getting it for you but 600.00 sounds low.

·
Registered
798 Posts
which one... the kinetix or the invidia?
600 sounds good but what about installations

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.