Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Ill be removing my 6000K xenon kit this weekend or next. I love the colour, its a white with purple tinge (no purple), but for me its just not enough output. I must say it is twice as bright as the stock halogens

These globes have been used for 3 weeks, and are still in perfect condition. They will have the remainder of a 1 year warranty by xenondepot.com. This is a great quality kit, and unlike others, takes power directly from the battery so as to not rely on the stock halogen wiring. The kit is pure plug n play, the globes slide into the stock H7 harness perfectly, and fit so well you wont even have to adjust the headlights

selling them for $230, but msg me quick, otherwise ill fit them in my mums SLK, or use them in the highbeams with H1 based xenon globes

·
Registered
227 Posts
lol are the phillips HID ADR compliant ? i heard they're, but i still wondering how they can be without the washers and auto adjusters.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no xenon kits are legal, but then again neither are most aftermarket halogen globes

you're right in that to meet ADRs, xenons must have washers and auto adjust. Though because the Z produces a nice sharp cutoff, there is no glare for oncoming traffic, and i havent been high beamed yet, even when travelling up hill. Plus its a relatively expensicve and new car, so its alot easier to get away with it. Its when cops see xenons on old Honda civics and commo's that thety scratch their head

murray the Zs psuedo projectors produce a very very wide beam, on a two lane road (that is 4 lanes total) they will stretch across all 4 lanes. On my last car, with reflectors they were narrower focused and only light up my lane and about half a lane on left, so there was more light in front of the car from a 6500K globe. The only way to get more light out of the Z, is to sacrifice the nice white/purple hue for a more yellowish color and drop the kelvin. For those that arent used to oem 4300-5000K setups, the 6500K are a bewildering improvement over the crap stock halogens.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
you're right in that to meet ADRs, xenons must have washers and auto adjust.
Are you sure?

The 2006 350Z Roadster I saw at the Sydney Motor Show has Xenon headlights, and I couldn't find evidence of washers anywhere on them.

Apparently the new features are:

35th Anniversary Rims
LED tail lights
Xenon headlights
Minor trim updates inside (like satin silver surrounds on the HVAC, and the new Bose head unit)

I can do without everything else, but I want the headlights.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yep positive, unless Nissan Aus managed to change our Aus Design Rules. Our rules are pretty much derived from the UKs, and they have washers with their xenons, so Nissan does have washers available

the Z at the motor show was prob a non Aus spec car, and will be fitted with washers when released

i remember when i saw the Z at melb motor show with the full Nismo kit on the turntable, that had xenons too, it was even written as a feature on the single page brochure i got.....never happened, but who knows, time will tell

re the led tails, ive got a set coming in a few weeks from performancenissan in the US (they're currently back ordered), they look fantastic

im not convinced on the headlights though, sure output will be a bit better with larger projectors, but imo it looks gumby, like herbi

·
Registered
118 Posts
If any of you are still looking for a good deal on HID lights, we are now sponsors of the board, and we have a great selection of HID Conversion Kits and Replacement Bulbs (for those already with HID).

Be sure to check us out at: www.visionbulbs.com

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you all in advance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts