Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, is there any place on the net where i can buy these products? I also would like to know what model of k&n filter you use, is it the 1008? i cant find a definate answer on the net. Also, does the 300 hp enegine have any changes when it comes to oil filters and oil from the 287 models? thanks again.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use the K&N HP1006. It's a little longer than the 1008, and marginally larger in diameter. Before I started using this filter, I called K&N and spoke to a tech. I told him I had a trepidation with using the 1008, due to it's small size (the stock filter is pretty small also). Anyway, he looked up the specs, and recommended the 1006. There is plenty of room the the 1006. In fact I'm using mine with a spacer (I've added an oil pressure guage to my "G", and needed the spacer for the sending unit). I've been using it now for close to three years, and am very happy with it. I get mine from AJ USA on the net and in San Diego.

Lou

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the info, im still wondering about a couple things. Is the hp1008 the same size as stock? and can you use it on the z, or do u have to use the hp1006? Another thing, what credible websites have K&n oil filters / or Amsoil syn 5w-30? Well thanks again.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Hey guys, thanks for the info, im still wondering about a couple things. Is the hp1008 the same size as stock? and can you use it on the z, or do u have to use the hp1006? Another thing, what credible websites have K&n oil filters / or Amsoil syn 5w-30? Well thanks again.
You buy Amsoil 5w30 here

you can also buy Amsoil filters for the Z - I would guess them to be better than k&n, as amsoil rates them at 12K miles. You want SDF13

Make sure your sign up for the preferred customer program for 20/yr. If you order over about 100 bucks, it will already save you money on your order.

·
Registered
728 Posts
thanks for the link, i guess i could have figured to go to the amsoil site first but, i went to ask you guys first. Thanks again.

if you don't want to buy the k&n filters or amsoil filters, mobil1 filters and WIX filters are both excellent choices IMO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts