Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
saw a fairly rare car today. i was waiting at a stoplight and turning to go the opposite way was this little roadster looking car. he turned the corner pretty tight and i caught a glimpse of the front, it said Datsun. i went to do some research to see if i could even find out what kind it was and it turns out it was a Datsun 2000, 1967 or a 1968. also digiging a bit more into it, turns out the car is commonly called the Fairlady 2000, yep you guessed it, it was a very early model Z car i saw today. they guy driving it seems to have it in excellent working condition. needless to say i was impressed after seeing it and doing a bit of a search on it. this picture is the closest i could find for the car.
i should have had my digital with me

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
That's pretty cool Steve, although I hate to burst your bubble. It's not a Z. The Fairlady Z replaced the Fairlady 2000 and the Fairlady 1600

·
Registered
94 Posts
I almost bought one a few months ago...I'm restoring a 240z with a friend and wanted a project of my own...but decided I have way too much to do to my Z to be spending money on another project.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by DiRN@Dec 1 2004, 05:02 PM
That's pretty cool Steve, although I hate to burst your bubble.  It's not a Z.  The Fairlady Z replaced the Fairlady 2000 and the Fairlady 1600

yeah, i read a bit more on it, just the fact that it is a fairlady is cool though

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I just bought a jag from a guy with a "fairlady 1600" in his garage....I told him to let me know when he sells it!

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts