Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=8233]hey whats up everyone i was putting my new drag radials on the other day and noticed how clean and smooth the aluminum parts were underneath so......... i decided to polish them everything control arms and all the underbraces and everything wow how awsome it looks but **** it took a while, i figured that i would show some pics cause i havent seen it done yet

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey thanx man i appreciate it naw man i got off of work today at 12 and i needed something to do and i have been wanting to do this, so i said the **** with it. it took from 1230 to 548 or somewere around there to do just the back havent done the front yet, but i was thinking that in a show or something this would be awsome to take a wheel off and blam!!!!! all my **** is polished. haha but yea im def sore, i have the flitz metal polishing kit and some steel whool with a mini buffer but i def think that the time was well worth it

·
Registered
72 Posts
looks great! I have considered that myself, but didn't think it would show up with the wheels on, and I wouldn't want to take them off at a show. I might still do it, but for my own enjoyment!

·
Registered
16,332 Posts
would you mind posting how exactly you did it? look **** nice, but ive never done any metal polishing...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea no prob i used 000 fine steel whool and meguires mag and aluminum polish, and what i did was dip the whool into the polish and after i cleaned off the metal just worked on it, i also have the flitz metal polishing kit with a mini buff ball that u put on and electric drill. but mostly it was all just hand work but i think that it is worth it in my oppinion. the lower control arm doesnt polish out as easy so i used some 220 and 180 grit sand paper to get it started then did the polish. thanx everyone for the complements :cheers:

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Nice lookin.. I need to finish polishing my valve cover on my daily driver. I prepped with sandpaper, now I need to check out that steel wool and polish that you mentioned. Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yea i have always found that it works really well, i work on a farm so im always experimenting with things.............. and polishing is one of them but if anyone here is on the eastern side of va u ought to hit me up some time, bunch of my boys always ridin, oh yea got the ol z running pretty good to, i only have a jic exhaust nismo intake and gutted cats but i have gotten it down to a 8.7 in the 8th with bfg drag radials and a shitty ( 2.0) sixty foot time but that was with 36 pounds of air in the radials, any way thought that was a good time for close to stock

1 - 14 of 14 Posts