Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

Yes or No? Let the valet park the Z?

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only done it once, and it was a date with my wife. It was cold out, parking was a bear, and I felt like the missus deserved some class A treatment at the front door.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Not unless I personally know the guy I'm giving my car to, I'm going with "**** No!"

·
Registered
806 Posts
No way. I know someone who valets and they hit a few cars a night and wait for the owner to pick it up. If the owner doesn't inspect the car and it drives off the lot, it's not their problem anymore. I wouldn't even let the guy I know valet my car, he's been in several accidents. It's also not cold here in FL that often so it's not really a problem. And parking isn't that bad in my area either.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
In the 1.5 years that I had my Z, I valet'd it once due to not wanting to park her in the back of some alley downtown. Besides, that I always prefer to walk then let some race school flunkout "park" baby Z.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I had to valet downtown this Firday. Free garage parking at the restaurant that my friends wife works at.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Not likely....Once went to a comedy club,(upscale), if there is such a place....Decided to leave five minutes into the show.....My car, (A Vette at the time), and the valet guy were no where to be found.......Thirty minutes later the valet shows up......Needless to say, he was Fired on the spot........So, again, not likely to valet any car, ever.....Dave

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/quote]
:OMG: I would have gone ballistic on the guy.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
At the Resorts, yes. Fastest way for a hotel valet to lose his job is to "mis-handle" a customer's car. Besides valet areas are blocked off, so people can't park there. Tourists aren't very careful when opening doors to their rental car.

A Hui Hou

PaulO

·
Premium Member
12,469 Posts
[/quote]
:OMG: I would have gone ballistic on the guy.
<div align="right">[snapback]64337[/snapback]
[/quote]

+1!!!

I don't let anyone other than my mechanic drive the car. I don't condem the profession...many are very professional...but it only takes one who is not.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Absolutely NOT!! :headshake:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I valet my car in several lots in Philadelphia. Most of them are my customers and they have high end cars in their hotels so they treat me right and keep a great spot when they know I am coming.

Occasionally, the valet will even give the Z a wash/detail if I am going to be there long enough and they do a great job - I have been lucky :clap:

·
Registered
36 Posts
I do it all the time. It's usually safer, and there are a lot of really nice cars in this area so I feel confident. Although I always give it a quick once over when I leave.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
[/quote]
Hey Buzam when was it that you said you were making it down to N.O.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
I might think about it if I drove an automatic, but I would still only do it if I HAD to. I barely let my fiance drive it. :)

I would also never let a valet wash/detail my car...but that's another story.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts