Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,627 Posts
Borla Headers - useless. Produced nice exhaust note improvements but absolutely zero power improvement. Soon switched to Crawford Headers

AEM CAI - again, nice change in engine noise, but no performance gains.

Vortech SC - very disappointed with since I put it on.

:jk: on that last one :wink:

·
Registered
790 Posts
Just an FYI - the B&M shifter is a waste. Mine makes so much noise that it drives me NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT a good mod at all.

~Z~

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Mine makes an absolute racket as well (passengers have wondered what I broke), but it does cut down the speed of the shifts, and feels nice.

On the track, where you do use 3rd and 4th a lot and the car's making so much noise anyway, its not an issue.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I hate mine once you get a certain RPM it makes so much noise you can not even hear the stereo.

~Z~

·
Registered
352 Posts
I agree with the short shifter.

I spent nearly 500 bucks on a piece of **** that is in a box in the shed!

The second mod, and purely based on bang for buck, is the Rays wheels. I could of saved the several thousand $$ and put it towards something else.

As always

H

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Really?

I couldnt be happier with my wheels, they make the car look a million dollars and the handling increase is fantastic.

Maybe because you didnt get to experience the car before you put the wheels on?

The Rays arent a full on wheel which stands out heaps but they are a very nice looking wheel.

How wide are the rays wheels?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Shizzle, I'm still around, lurking, always lurking!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murray, from memory the wheels are 8 1/2's.

As always

H

·
Registered
889 Posts
My nokia blue tooth car kit. Have issues where the phone will not connect to the unit sometimes which is really annoying. Other than that I really don't have any complaints

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Rizky - I got the Sony Ericsson one, and it works a treat. It synched seamlessly with my Nokia 6310 and Sony Ericsson T630.

·
Registered
303 Posts
No bad mods here...

Every time I come to the plate to mod the car I just can't help but feel i'm opening a can of worms and the cash won't stop flowing. Hence the lack of twin turbo.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Well the Blitz NuR touring exhaust gave my car a much better note however back to back dyno testing proved no power gain...... at $1,800.00 it aint cheap either.

then my APEXi power intake definetly more bottom however no gain in the top however APEXi reccomend a SAFC to tune with this mod.

My best mod would be test pipes gained 6kw @ wheels and gave the car a very distinctive rasspy exhaust note, at $300 IT WAS GOOD VALUE.

i also purchased a set of TEIN FLEX coilovers and they proved to be a really valuable suspension upgrade, as i tested stock versus TEIN around sandown raceway and nocked quite a bit off my laptime but made the car so much easier to control on the limit.........

·
Registered
45 Posts
the suitegraffix carbon fibre b-pillars. Bought these all excited, and have yet to fit them. I keep dry fitting them at least once a week, and still convinced it doesnt suit the car. But why? CF looks hot against black. I think its the color of the CF
funny you say that i just went through this did one side with carbon wrap and couldnt decide if liked it, from the rear if you look at the original side you will see the front window and rear window blend with the original panel in to each other wich makes a more bullet aerodynamic shape as a whole wich makes the car look more sexy and sleek whereas with the color blocked panel(ie carbo or differnet color other than black it stops that line and makes the car more bitsy looking and not so refined.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts