Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this something I should attempt myself or pay a professional? I've hooked up many headunits, but never one with video... How much different is the process?

Anyone have any how-to's for Motorized DVD/CD Touchpanel headunits?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the pioneer was backordered so I splurged and got the Clarion VRX755VD...

Same questions still apply...

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">If you check the Tutorials, you will see that the Head Unit installation How To uses the Kenwood DDX7015 link</span>

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
[/quote]

I'll check that out...

·
Registered
506 Posts
The installs are really effortless. If you've installed one deck I am sure you can install this one. The biggest issue with Clarion and others, is in some cases you have a "brain" that you have to hide under a seat or someplace else. Other than that it's a piece of cake. I've got pretty decent pictures of the wire harness if you need to know how everything lines up. Let me know.

Chris

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No brain to this one, so it looks like a piece of cake. Will post pics come Saturday afternoon... I was under the impression there would be video cables and such to deal with unlike a regular deck, but i guess not when the lcd is connected to the headunit... Should be sweet.

And pics of the harness you can email to [email protected] would be appreciated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the help guys. The Clarion got cancelled by THREE DIFFERENT ONLINE DEALERS, so I just went to Best Buy and bought a Pioneer b/c my CD player just stopped playing... Got it wired up and installed and its working great.

All I did to override the NO WATCH WHILE DRIVING function is put the Brake wire to a switch leading to a ground. Once you start the car you flick the switch and you can view while driving. Simply grounding the wire did not work and wouldnt allow viewing. It needed to be ungrounded to start and then ground during operation. Working out nicely. Hid the switch inside the stock navigation hatch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts