Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know who makes Nissan's wiring harness connectors? I want to do so some mods involving wiring changes, and instead of splicing into the factory harness, I plan to make mini-harnesses that plug into the factory connectors. That way, the mod can be undone without having butchered the factory harness.

karlh
05 Enthusiast 6MT

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My immediate project is to install two switches that tell the SRS the seatbelts are latched when I'm using 4- or 5- point belts. To install the switches I need the male and female sides for connectors B8 and B11, the seat belt buckle switches.

karlh

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Aloha,
Finding the the manufacturer for the harness may be very difficult at the very least. Nihongo dekimasu ka? I can get by in sushi bars and Japanese restaurants, that's about it. As far as writing ... Dekinai!

My suggestion is to take the harness and remove the pins from the connector body, making sure to label or take a pic of the wiring layout. Take them to an electronics shop and look for the pins. If you can't find the pins, find a connector with the correct type of pins and cannibalize it.

As far as how to get the pins out, check the alarm install post. Great idea you got! Keeping the SRS active is the way to go! Used to drive around with a 3" harness awhile back. SCCA required it and I loved being "anchored" to the seat. Had to put a kill switch on the A pillar though since I wouldn't be able to reach the ignition switch if I got into an accident and had to shut down real fast. Didn't have a SRS back then ('72 Ford Capri).

Anyway, good luck with your project! Do a How-To if you can, with pics!

A Hui Hou

PaulO

ps. The only harness adapter I've seen was to bridge the ECU. Courtesy Nissan has it. Less than $300.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts