Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A quick review
After reading some reviews, good and bad, I bit the bullet and got one of these 3-4 months ago as I was getting a bit annoyed with having to plug my phone in the for CarPlay. There’s a few different ones available and they all pretty much do the same thing and all about similar price. Got mine for about $85 delivered.

First off the unit is small and sits inside the armrest fine, it also has a usb pass through so you can charge and use CarPlay at the same time.

after the initial connection/setup the unit works very well. setup is fairly simple, screen comes on and tells you to connect to a specific Bluetooth/Wi-fi and then everything is automatic.

CarPlay is slower to start up compared to cable but we are talking seconds difference. Mine connects by the time I get to the end of my street so quick enough.

using CarPlay is not any different to wired. One thing I noticed was I can use the touchpad to navigate CarPlay where as by cable I couldn’t. A bit of a bonus functionality. There’s a slight delay in button pressing and only noticeable when you want to fast forward a few songs on a playlist and it only registers 1 or 2 presses whether it’s steering wheel buttons or the fast forward in the volume knob.

the only bad thing I found is when the unit doesn’t connect with the phone. I found if you pull the dongle out the USB port and plug back in everything starts working again. This has happened twice on me in the few months.

there’s also a way you can update the dongle which is quite good. I did an update on mine and it made connection a bit quicker other than that it just works the same

anyway hope this helps others.

·
Super Moderator
1,732 Posts
it is just plugged and play, very easy to use. Just make sure your car is on its compatible list before you purchase it.
Still didn't answer my question: did you install this on your R35? Or is this a plug-in for any car?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts