Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched the forums, if this questions has been answered somewhere else please direct me where. This may sound strange.

I have a 2004 350Z that was equipped with OEM bi-xenon headlights. I have since then had to replace both headlight assemblies including ballast. I purchased a new pair of headlights that came with an aftermarket HID kit.

Here is my problem, the new light assembly was for a 350Z with OEM halogen lights. The plug on the new lights will not connect to my OEM plug.

Is there a plug or adapter that converts the plug used for bi-xenon to use for OEM halogen?

Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I don't believe that you will be able to find an adapter. You will either need to wire a xenon plug onto the new halogen lights or cut and rewire your harness on the car to accommodate a halogen plug for the new lights. Neither of those options sound particularly appealing to me. I would return them and look for a good set of used xenon lights. When I upgraded my 03 xenons to 06 xenons, I sold the old ones on eBay for $400 in excellent condition. I would look for a deal like that.

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate to cut as well, but I have been without lights for over 4 months. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram of that plug so I know which wires go to which lights?

Thanks for the quick reply!!

·
Registered
652 Posts
QUOTE (beetlespin @ Nov 3 2009, 01:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=586030
I hate to cut as well, but I have been without lights for over 4 months. Do you know where I can get a wiring diagram of that plug so I know which wires go to which lights?

Thanks for the quick reply!!
Wiring diagrams are available in the Service Manuals which are available for download on this site. Here's a link.

And by the way, 2004 Z's did not come with OE bi-xenon lights. Enthusiast models have xenon low beams and halogen high beams.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (beetlespin @ Nov 3 2009, 01:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=586025
I have searched the forums, if this questions has been answered somewhere else please direct me where. This may sound strange.

I have a 2004 350Z that was equipped with OEM bi-xenon headlights. I have since then had to replace both headlight assemblies including ballast. I purchased a new pair of headlights that came with an aftermarket HID kit.

Here is my problem, the new light assembly was for a 350Z with OEM halogen lights. The plug on the new lights will not connect to my OEM plug.

Is there a plug or adapter that converts the plug used for bi-xenon to use for OEM halogen?

Thanks guys!!

I found some BLACK HID headlights on Ebay, $270 for a set, comes with HID preinstalled...

·
Premium Member
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased a set of aftermarket headlights. The ones I purchased came with an aftermarket HID kit, but the headlight assembly was a standard halogen type.

The wire harness on my aftermarket headlights, will not connect to my OEM HID wire harness.

Long story on my OEM HID headlights.

I have purchased the aftermarket lights for modding. I am installing the Demon eye, removing the amber strip and installing the clear strip with LEDs and installing the famous

AUDI look. I will post pictures when I am done. Thanks for looking up the lights on Ebay for me!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts