Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone interested the WRX-club is holding Winton sprints again on the 23rd of July 2005. Daniel and Yun came to Winton with them last time round, so if anyone is interested then you can get the entry form here:

http://www.wrx.com.au/motorsport/forms/WRX...3julysupreg.pdf

The cost is $120 ($100 for driver trainig). All the laps will be timed on the day, but (as with all these events) you will require a CAMS L2S license, a club membership (to any car club), extinguisher, and a helment.

At the moment I'm not sure whether I will participate as I need to get my pads/fluid replaced before I venture to the track again. Still, evene if it turns out that I'm not coming then I'll be more than happy to come and 'pit crew' for whoever might be going.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Originally posted by DavidM@Jul 6 2005, 08:55 PM
For anyone interested the WRX-club is holding Winton sprints again on the 23rd of July 2005. Daniel and Yun came to Winton with them last time round, so if anyone is interested then you can get the entry form here:

http://www.wrx.com.au/motorsport/forms/WRX...3julysupreg.pdf

The cost is $120 ($100 for driver trainig). All the laps will be timed on the day, but (as with all these events) you will require a CAMS L2S license, a club membership (to any car club), extinguisher, and a helment.

At the moment I'm not sure whether I will participate as I need to get my pads/fluid replaced before I venture to the track again. Still, evene if it turns out that I'm not coming then I'll be more than happy to come and 'pit crew' for whoever might be going.
[snapback]127893[/snapback]​

hey david

if youre not a member of any car club, how do you go about getting one? im assuming that we can joined the wrx club buy joining temporarily on the day of the driver training? or is that already included in the cost?

cheers
owen

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if youre not a member of any car club, how do you go about getting one? im assuming that we can joined the wrx club buy joining temporarily on the day of the driver training? or is that already included in the cost?

To start of you can't get a CAMS license onless you are a member of a car-club. You can organize it so that you get both on the day of the event, but IMHO you should organize it all beforehand sothat you can relax on the day and just enjoy the track work.

So, how to join a car-club? Well 1st you need to decide which club you want to join. There are dozens of car clubs like WRX-car-club, BMW-car-club, HSV-car-club, MX5-car-club, Afla-car-club, Maserati-car-club, NDSOC (ie. Nissan), HSCC (ie. Honda), etc. Me, I'm a member of the BMW-car-club, while most people here are members of the NDSOC.

Once you know which club you wnat to join then you can find out all the details about how to join from their websites. eg:
- NDSOC = http://www.ndsoc.com.au/mambo/content/view/11/41/
- WRX = http://www.wrx.com.au/members.php
- BMW = http://bmwccv.bmwclubs.asn.au/membership.doc

Let me know if you need more help.

ps. The club membership is not incluided in the entry-fee for the event.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
well owen i'm in Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Clubs (NDSOC) not NSCC david lol.

But most of us in here is the member there.
LemanZ (gary)
Ztrack (david)
lionking (daniel)
Z350lover (richard) 'just joining in'

i think i'll pass this if you are not coming davidM lol, but still not sure yet. haven't decide. But would like to know how many people in interested to go there :) i don't mind joining in too :)

Cheers
Yun

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nissan Datsun Sports Owners Clubs (NDSOC) not NSCC david lol.

You're right Yun ... I'm getting all my acronyms mixed up. I fixed up the priginal post.

i think i'll pass this if you are not coming davidM lol, but still not sure yet.

I'm not sure at the moment ... I'll probably decide one week before, but I'd rather go to Sandown next as I have not been there (on a dry day) for close to a year.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Me too i felt i want to go back to Sanddown. I think it's a nice easy highspeed track. But sometimes is scary.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
David'

Just wondering what Brake Fluid will you be using? Also how many track event and DECA have you done since you change your brake pads?

Is ferodo brake pads very good? Will it eat the Disc brakes? how much is it cost again for you to replace them? Just incase i need to change the pads in the future when the Brembo Pads is finished.

Just a thought as well david. Maybe it's a good time to change a Steel braided brake hose while you changing the fluid?

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just wondering what Brake Fluid will you be using?

Anything that's 'dot5' will do. The normal fluid in there is 'dot3' rating if I'm not mistaken. 'dot5' is what everyone who tracks their car is running. I'm not fussed about the brand at all as I can't tell any difference and while I have no problems I'm not fussed. I just let Racebrakes put in whatever they recommend as they know what they're doing.

Also how many track event and DECA have you done since you change your brake pads?

I still got the same pads that I got put in at ~4000km. That means I've done 16,000km on the pads/fluid I have right now. That included 3 Wintons, 3 Sandowns (but one was wet and the other one I only got 6 laps in). And then there's 3 DECAs. So I'd say realy 4 and a 1/2 track-day all up.

Though I don't see DECA days putting any visible wear on them ... my pads are now down to about 5mm thickness and have been like that since the last track-day (ie. Winton we went to together). I've been to DECA 2x since then and they're about the same.

I'm sure that I could make these pads last another 10,000km if I only drove on the road (and DECA) with them. Though, before the next track day I'm replacing all 4 pads and fluid as they are too thin for track-work (ie. lacking in heat absorption).

Is ferodo brake pads very good? Will it eat the Disc brakes? how much is it cost again for you to replace them?

I have Ferodos at the front and Race-brakes comp2 pads at the back. I've been 100% satisfied with this combo and will get exactly the same pads when replaced. My disks don't have any flaws or heat-spots and that is the most important thing to me. That means I don't need to (and never had) the disks machined which wears the disks more then any pads ever could.

Shame you didn't look at my disks last time you saw my car as that would give you an idea of how they trat them. Though, from what I've noticed my disks don't look anymore worn than other Zeds with similar Ks. If you're interested give me a call, we can meet up and you can check for yourslef.

When I had the pads/fluid replaced at Racebrakes it cost around $500 all up. That includes all 4 pads, fluid and labor. I think the Ferodos for the front cost around $220 for the set, while the Racebrake 'comp' pads cost around $160 per set.

ps. The only downside for having more agressive pads in the care is that the brake-application will not feel as 'buttery' as the OEM ones, and also they can squeal when cold, and at very low speed with light brake application. Not a problem for me at all.

Just a thought as well david. Maybe it's a good time to change a Steel braided brake hose while you changing the fluid?

I'm sure it is a good idea. I've never replaced them on any of my cars, but if I had them I'm sure I would not complain. The reason I have never done so myself is because I normaly look at changing things when I'm not happy with them and all of all my cars were great under brakes with the better pads/fluid in them. I felt no need to go any fother.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts