Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone!

Im looking to switch to winter tyres (+getting a good rim size for snow)

Any recommendations of which rims and tyre size to use? 馃槄

It is a 370z Roadster touring sport, equipped with the large calipers, Ive been told that could be problematic with fitting some rims.

Right now, my Front wheels are 245/40R19 and back wheels 275/35R19

im thinking of getting some aftermarket rims, so if you got any recommendation 馃槆

Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

Super Moderator
I'd go to a 18" winter tire and wheel for better selection. Try something smaller, like a 225/45R18 and 245-45R18 on 18 X 8.0 F and 18 X 8.5 R rims for better traction in snow and ice. You'll need alloys that'll clear your Akebono monoblock brakes, something like Enkei RPF-1 or Raijin Tuning wheels.

Otherwise, I'd suggest getting an inexpensive FWD beater to use during winter. Where are you located?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your recommendations :giggle:.

I鈥檓 in a mountainous area, so I guess I鈥檒l be forced to use a FWD for the steep surfaces.

Super Moderator
You're welcome- I live in Denver, Colorado and use an '07 Versa HB with Michelin X-Ice snow tires during the winter months. It gets me anywhere I want in the mountains during snowstorms.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're welcome- I live in Denver, Colorado and use an '07 Versa HB with Michelin X-Ice snow tires during the winter months. It gets me anywhere I want in the mountains during snowstorms.
Oh wow, first time handling a RWD on the snow for me 馃槄

I fixed some Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 on my current rims, do you think snow and Ice is manageble? (I鈥檓 in the alps)

Super Moderator
Oh wow, first time handling a RWD on the snow for me 馃槄

I fixed some Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 on my current rims, do you think snow and Ice is manageble? (I鈥檓 in the alps)
Yes, just keep in mind the Z's 50/50 balance will affect traction in certain situations.

Super Moderator
The 350z does not handle in the snow and you can get stuck in just a little snow. Good luck in the alps.
But with dedicated snow tires the Z becomes more capable in the winter, whether it's the Rocky Mountains or the Alps.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts