Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so since this is a Z lovers' site, I figured I would post to poll.....what do you all do to prepare your Z's for the winter? Post if you still drive in the winter (for those warm-weather fans), and post what you do if you put your baby to sleep for the cold months! Examples: oil changes, details, etc.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by spkeehan@Sep 20 2005, 12:58 PM
OK, so since this is a Z lovers' site, I figured I would post to poll.....what do you all do to prepare your Z's for the winter?  Post if you still drive in the winter (for those warm-weather fans), and post what you do if you put your baby to sleep for the cold months!  Examples: oil changes, details, etc.
[snapback]156726[/snapback]​

BLASPHEMY.................don't say that word LOL

Here is a thread we started last year, to give you a couple of ideas:

LINK to thread

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Sep 20 2005, 12:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-spkeehan
@Sep 20 2005, 12:58 PM
OK, so since this is a Z lovers' site, I figured I would post to poll.....what do you all do to prepare your Z's for the winter? Post if you still drive in the winter (for those warm-weather fans), and post what you do if you put your baby to sleep for the cold months! Examples: oil changes, details, etc.
[snapback]156726[/snapback]​

BLASPHEMY.................don't say that word LOL

Here is a thread we started last year, to give you a couple of ideas:

LINK to thread
[snapback]156728[/snapback]​

:yourock: Terri! Beat me to it!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Up on jack stands. Completely dissassemble the car. Clean each part. Place each part in a vacuum sealed bag. Arrange all parts alphabetically. Drain all fluids and send to Dow for analysis.

Ok, ok.....just the first one. :)

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
I now have to leave the Z in the driveway for the winter, in the PA elements (sn*w) so I purchased a covercraft heavy duty car cover so she can rest under cover w/o that nasty white stuff touching her precious paint. So she doesn't look like this again :OMG:

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v213/jinxxycat/ZChickz%20Pictures/snowy.jpg');}" />

Also take Volks off and put stockers back on for the couple of months she will be out of commision.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Conan@Sep 20 2005, 01:09 PM
Up on jack stands.  Completely dissassemble the car.  Clean each part.  Place each part in a vacuum sealed bag.  Arrange all parts alphabetically.  Drain all fluids and send to Dow for analysis. 

Ok, ok.....just the first one.  :)
[snapback]156732[/snapback]​

:rolf2: :lmfao: :rolf2: :lmfao: ah yes you will fit right in here! :yourock:

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Mine will sit on jack stands on top of carpeting and hedge balls at each stand (to keep mice away). Wheels come off, get cleaned and waxed, then maybe placed in the basement. One final oil change so clean oil sits in her. Battery will stay in so I can start her up and keep the fluids circulating.

Of course, she'll get a full detail by me, then covered with my new present.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does putting it up on jack stands do? It seems pretty popular.....I'm sure it is good fer sumpthin!

What kind of jack stands? :) I might have to go to the store and git me one of dose?!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Originally posted by spkeehan@Sep 20 2005, 01:06 PM
What does putting it up on jack stands do?  It seems pretty popular.....I'm sure it is good fer sumpthin!

What kind of jack stands? :)  I might have to go to the store and git me one of dose?!
[snapback]156763[/snapback]​

Saves the tires from flat-spotting (as jinxxycat mentioned) and also helps maintain the life of the springs. ANY spring left compressed will lose it's tension over time.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Originally posted by Conan+Sep 20 2005, 12:12 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-spkeehan
@Sep 20 2005, 01:06 PM
What does putting it up on jack stands do? It seems pretty popular.....I'm sure it is good fer sumpthin!

What kind of jack stands? :) I might have to go to the store and git me one of dose?!
[snapback]156763[/snapback]​

Saves the tires from flat-spotting (as jinxxycat mentioned) and also helps maintain the life of the springs. ANY spring left compressed will lose it's tension over time.
[snapback]156767[/snapback]​

parking on carpet and moving the car a bit every couple weeks will prevent any flat spotting. I don't like to leave the car on stands for an extended period of time as I feel it leads to premature failure of the absorbers, especially if you leave the wheels and tires on.

My car gets an oil change, 4 carpet squares to sit on, and a battery minder and cover it with a cover. I will start it up every 10 days-2 weeks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I live right outside of DC and travel to Indiana frequently. I drove my Z all winter long except for a handful of days when the snow was too bad. Then I had to resort stealing the Tahoe away from the wifey.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat@Sep 21 2005, 10:45 AM
LOL yeah but snow>hurricanes :wink:
[snapback]156987[/snapback]​

Most definitely. At least I know my house, garage, and car won't get blown away or drown when it's snowing. I also don't have to worry about flooding. The flip side is that I don't drive the Z all year around, but that's good in a way. Saves on mileage and makes each spring and summer so precious and worth the wait to drive her again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.