Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my new Zed for it's first one day outing (full days drive to nice mountainous area with winding roads etc). Got home and realised I had two chips out of the centre of the hood and four chips in my windscreen.... god **** I was mad. In one day my new car sustained more passive damage than my previous car had in two years.

Why is it that new cars seem to be a magnet for all the **** that you don't want to happen?

Anyway, does anyone here know of any good "Do-it-yourself" windscreen repair resins/kits etc. What makes it so frustrating is that there are two chips in the windscreen exactly in front of the drivers normal view.... I don't even enjoy driving the car anymore.... so pissed off!

I don't want to take it to a windscreen repair place if I can help it. Every time I get something done by someone else it is a stuff-up.

:xZ!o: :banghead:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Me too. I have 3 chips in my windshield and was wondering if I could have them fixed somehow without replacing the glass entirely.

Anyone?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I was told a small dab of superglue for the cracks or chips works just as well as those kits sold in auto parts stores.

·
Registered
470 Posts
i also have one on my front windshield :banghead:

·
Registered
300 Posts
My chips came from highway miles also. Lots of trucks in this area, they kick up quite a mess.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone else sustain chips to their mirrors, or is that a G thing. I remember my Father putting a "bra" on the mirrors of his Porche. I hated them at the time, but now I know why.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts