Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the Z have a window fogging problem? Its been raining here and my windows fog up like crazy!

Is this a comon problem, or did I spring a leak?

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I use the defroster more often than not when it rains I believe. But that's the case with my Si too

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Turn your vent dial to defrost for the windshield and turn the AC on. It's obviously colder outside than in your Z. Also, make sure you're sucking in outside air instead of recirculating or your fogged windows will get worse.

And most importantly, your windows should be cleaned regularly on the inside because it picks up moisture and pollution from the air that eventually builds up a thin film on your windows.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 16 2004, 11:55 PM
Turn your vent dial to defrost for the windshield and turn the AC on.

The A/C goes on automatically when you turn on the defroster. The Z's cool like that. It won't let you turn it off either while the defroster is on

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went in to eat at a restaurant, came back out and I had to warm up the car for five minutes just so I could see out of the windows.

I still love my car though

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
I also noticed the AC turning on no matter what setting I have it on. Heat or cool, panel or defrost, when I turn the dial, it comes on automatically. PITA, in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by SmoothZ@Oct 17 2004, 12:01 AM
I also noticed the AC turning on no matter what setting I have it on.  Heat or cool, panel or defrost, when I turn the dial, it comes on automatically.  PITA, in my opinion.

Yeah, but I don't mind so much since the only time the dial ever leaves off is when I turn on the defroster

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
o well, maybe I will slap some no fog on the windows. I just wasnt sure if I might have had a leaky window.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have another question...kind of off topic, but what do those ground wire kits do?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by love1u0@Oct 16 2004, 11:05 PM
I have another question...kind of off topic, but what do those ground wire kits do?

It seems to allow a more efficient electrical system to exist...I think it helps get rid of the 'whine' in the background of the Bose, plus it also seems to make the idle a little smoother or steadier.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmm..smooth the idle a bit eh? I have noticed that my Titan idles much better than the Z. The Z seems to fluctuate.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The Fog-X works quite well if applied correctly. Just a pain to apply.

The grounding wire kit is supposed to smooth out the idle, but it did absolutely nothing for me.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by love1u0@Oct 17 2004, 12:05 AM

<span style="color:darkblue">It makes the engine bay look a little prettier. Anyone who says it does anything else is
</span>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts