Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my window wont roll up or down sometimes. but i dont know it pisses me off. and my E-brake i have to jack it up really high to stop me and on a hill if i just have my e-brake up i go backwards. help please. thanks.

·
Registered
750 Posts
My driverside window didnt roll up and down sometimes, sometimes it would roll up, but wouldnt roll back down, or if it was down , it wouldnt roll back up, i took it to nissan and they replaced the window switch and it worked fine, sometimes it can be the window motor.
bring it to nissan.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
my window wont roll up or down sometimes. but i dont know it pisses me off. and my E-brake i have to jack it up really high to stop me and on a hill if i just have my e-brake up i go backwards. help please. thanks.
Window: Motor/Regular problem. See you dealer. If in warrantly will be replaced no charge. You are close to where I went, Dick Smith Nissan in Columbia.

E-brake: needs adjusting .. check your service manual .. also on tech here .. http://www.350z-tech.com/zwiki/Adjusting_The_Parking_Brake

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i talked to nissan. warrentys up. i hit 40,000. but the motor is 250 and labor is 150. and i dont have the money. it sux. anyone have a passenger side window motor. thanks. guy.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lFXU43-Jgeo&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lFXU43-Jgeo&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sorry, I know this doesn't help but it it still **** funny. I think you can find a cheaper motor and the install is not that difficult if you are a DIY. Sucks, because a lot of people have this problem; glad mine was still under warranty.

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
Both are known issues.

The handbrake not working is also typical Nissan - my old Pulsar (a hatchback version of the Sentra sold in Aus) had a similarly useless handbrake.

Tighten the cable and it should be OK..........for a week.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Both are known issues.

The handbrake not working is also typical Nissan - my old Pulsar (a hatchback version of the Sentra sold in Aus) had a similarly useless handbrake.

Tighten the cable and it should be OK..........for a week.
I found some old pics of my Z32 and noticed the hand brake pointing up at a 75º angle. IIRC, the e-brake is adjusted by a small gear in the rear hub. After I did that, it lasted a long time.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do i have to take the wheel off. or do i just remove the ashtray and tighten it there. thanks

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry, I know this doesn't help but it it still **** funny. I think you can find a cheaper motor and the install is not that difficult if you are a DIY. Sucks, because a lot of people have this problem; glad mine was still under warranty.
:rolf2: That was **** of funny

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (fallen612 @ Feb 14 2008, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=491931

Hey on the window situation, you can easily do it yourself if you have any mechanical know-how. Just take off your door panel and then there are about 16 bolts to take off of a large steel panel. Once youve done that the motor is easily accessible with the window up. Ive found that the motors on the new Z's get very dirty inside for somje reason. If you cant take to Nissan for warranty and dont have the 500 bucks to pay for it you can do it yourself, and the motor is probably good, it just needs cleaned out. There are 3 screw on top of the motor housing. Once you take these off the insides will come out and you can wipe all the dirt off of the inside (there will probably be alot). Anyway I had this problem with both windows, haveing to hit the door pan el to make the window go up or down. Hope that helps!!!! :wavey:

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i have looked at it and it seems that the motor is tryign to grip ti but it just just gets stuck like the seal might be too tight. or something but i think the motor is working .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2005 Nissan 350z and on the passenger side the window will not roll up or down. I have replaced the window motor and it still will not move with ether window buttons on the driver side or passenger side. I made sure that there is power going to the motor because when hold the unlock button on the key fob it will roll the window down but wont roll it back up but if I put the key in the lock on the door turn to the right and hold it for 5 sec it will roll the window all the way up the only way that I can't get the window to roll down is with the switch's on ether door. I was wondering if I'm going to replace the switch's on the doors or not?

·
Registered
5 Posts
If the passenger side window won't roll up or down, try it with the master switch located on the driver side or the center console. If it works, then the passenger side switch is bad. Swap switches if possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If the passenger side window won't roll up or down, try it with the master switch located on the driver side or the center console. If it works, then the passenger side switch is bad. Swap switches if possible.
[/QUOTE
None of the switch's work for the passenger window the master switch or the passenger side switch but the master switch can roll the driver side down no problem

1 - 15 of 15 Posts