Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 Z, on the passenger side door the window wont come completely up unless i manually press the button and do it. Otherwise if i hit use the automatic way of doing it then it goes all the way up and then like comes down like 5 or 6 inches. Also on my keyless entry Fob i hold down unlock to roll down my windows but i cant get them to come up.
thanks

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
As far as the window not going all the way up, that sounds like you need a new motor for the passenger side. That seems to be a common problem amongst 03s.

As for the keyfob not rolling the windows up, well, it's not supposed to. The keyfob only makes the windows go down

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
The reason the window is going back down after it goes all of the way up is because the calibration screwed up. I had the same problem with my '03. The dealer explained it to me as the window regulator not knowing where it is supposed to stop, so when the window gets to the top it thinks it is supposed to keep going further, causing the anti-pinch mechanism to activate. It acts the same as if you had your arm stuck in the window, it goes back down when it detects an obstruction.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
The key fob does not make the windows roll up. However, you can insert your key into the door and turn it to the right and hold it, then both windows will roll up.

My passenger window is acting up. I took her in a couple of weeks ago, and the dealership couldn't duplicate the problem. This morning, it was stuck down. Time for another visit, this time to a different dealer.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Iwanna350z@Sep 1 2005, 12:42 AM
I have an 03 Z, on the passenger side door the window wont come completely up unless i manually press the button and do it. Otherwise if i hit use the automatic way of doing it then it goes all the way up and then like comes down like 5 or 6 inches. Also on my keyless entry Fob i hold down unlock to roll down my windows but i cant get them to come up.
thanks
[snapback]151292[/snapback]​

So your "automatic up" or "one touch up" is not working. Same exact thing happened to me. I was fortunate to have it covered under warranty. $0. Are you still under warranty? Get them to fix it for you. :clap:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just had mine in for some work they owed me from the sale, and it had done the same thing to me, but only after it had been down for like 15 min or more, Im not sure what they did to fix it but it was covered under waranty.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Driver side acting up as of last week. Second time since 2003.

Someone would think Nissan would come up with a better solution to the problem since this seems to happen on all cars with power windows. Not like this is some new gadget.

Mabe a NISMO version of the window motor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone had any issues with there passenger side window not going down, i can hear the clicking noise but seems like it stuck.

P.S i dont have the window locks on :)

2003 350Z

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Merged.

To answer your question, the 03's seem to have a problem with a bad motor for the windows.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My 04 driver side window would not go up. The more I played with it the more it would go down. I had to turn around in my drive to work to the dealer to have the window raised. When I got there they ordered a new motor. They got the window up. The Mech. said, "If you have an emergency the window will go down, only." I am waiting for my service man to call. I am lucky I have the best dealership in California to take my car to. Fresno Lithia. I don't work there. I just respect being treated like I could go anywhere else and I choose them. They appreciated it and demonstrate it over and over again.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts