Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i got a Black Zed and was wondering what some other guys/girls have done did u get your windows tinted? did it look good? where did you go? i looked at i think it was Ultra Tint Formula 1 tint was the best of what they had to offer 25 year warrenty total cost 400$ wat you think?

thanks
cj

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
IMO black tint on a black zed is good if you like the black on black theme, so if you bought the black interior option then black tint wouldnt be much different as no one can really see anything in the car.

If you have the burnt orange interior or some nice racing seats I personally think no tint looks better as the colour from the seats give the car something more, the black would subtract that from the equation without adding anything good in return.

I havnt seen a black Zed with a chrome like tint yet though. Anyone does this?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I think all cars look better with a tint irrespective of the exterior colour of the car. In my mind, a sports car without a tint looks naked.

I got my tint from the dealer when I bought the car. As it was part of the package and I have done this with all my cars, I cannot comment on the cost of a tint.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am in Sydney and just got my tinting done last month. You're being ripped off for $400. I got my car tinted for $220 with a lifetime warranty. The quotes I got ranged from $220-$250. Try:
www.premiertint.com.au
www.optiontint.com
I got 35% which is the legal limit. You can go darker but i think there are issues with your car insurance being void since darker than 35% is considered a defect and wouldn't be registerable.

Get the tinting, it looks way better...I notice now that it is alot cooler on my head when I drive out west and the sun is shining on my head.

Before tinting:
[attachmentid=10487]
After Tinting
[attachmentid=10488]

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
More Pictures
Before tinting:
[attachmentid=10489]
After Tinting:
[attachmentid=10490]

Attachments

·
Registered
258 Posts
whereabouts are ya mate?? if in perth i got the number of a good tinter, i've been using him for years and can get almost any colour, mirroredness, darkness thickness etc

if you put a silvery chrome tint on the Z, it looks a tiny bit green cause of the colouring in the glass ;

http://members.iinet.net.au/~armstronghome/tint.jpg

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea i would not get the silver tint... just black... i am in brisbane...not perth which sucks otherwise i would of got that number off you :)

thanks guys

cj,.

·
Registered
258 Posts
yeh go the black tint, i just picked up my new black F6 and tinted it in 18% black/gunmetal and it looks sweet as.. **** dark and sinister hehe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here is mine with 5% all around... It looks great. I have seen one with the silver or mirror tint... I didn't like it too much. BTW why are you guys paying so much for your tints. I'm here in the states I'm not sure how the money breaks down but I paid 120 for mine with life time warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had both my Nissans tinted for $600 each in Canberra. It was the Lifestyle ICT film from V.I.P. Apparently it is the latest in tinting films. It's photochromic film and filters out 70 % of heat and 100%UV. When it's under the sun, it has some reflective properties but in the evenings it looks just like a black tint. Can really feel the comfort after installation. Would definitely recommend it over the other films.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts