Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring. The color of my car is chrome silver. I was wondering what percentage should my window tint be? Or should I put a mirror tint on my car?

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Originally posted by alyshahj803@Sep 14 2005, 02:18 AM
I have a 2003 Nissan 350z Touring. The color of my car is chrome silver. I was wondering what percentage should my window tint be? Or should I put a mirror tint on my car?
[snapback]154906[/snapback]​

Here's my chrome silver z with platinum tint -- 25% sides and 10% rear

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.etraxx.com/graphics/350z/Body/exterior/ls.jpg');}" />

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a silverstone with 27% black which is the states legal limit. Mirror Tint is strictly illegal in South Carolina. I would find out what is the darkest legally and go with that. Unless you want to drive around with your windows down all the time.

·
Premium Member
4,917 Posts
I would stay away from the window tint, not a fan of how it looks.

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by alyshahj803@Sep 14 2005, 04:18 AM
[snapback]154906[/snapback]​

It really depends upon the State law where you live, and your personal preference.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I did mine at 5% for the three back and 50% for the door windows.
If I did it again, I would go with 20% for the back three and stay with the 50% on the doors.

It's illegal here to have tint on the door windows so I got the light tint to reduce heat, something it does very well, as long as the front windshield is facing away from the sun, my Z stays much cooler than it did pre-tint.

The 5% is a little darker than I like, my mistake was, when I was at the shop looking at the samples, I should have put my sunglasses on as I looked through to the outside. I can make out shapes back there all right but it's harder to spot police cars than I would like, especially at night.

Chris

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Here in the Tar Heel, 35% is the limit. So - that's what I went with. Besides, I'm not a big fan of really dark windows on any color. Would you want to be a cop walking up to a real dark window?

Now - installation. Window tinters come and go. Take some time and ask around - perhaps your Nissan store - for the "guy" who's been doing it for a while and can offer a warranty (mine is lifetime - and he only uses one brand).

My "guy" charged me $200 for all my glass, plus a top of the windshield strip. And he's been tinting for 18 years. Good luck. :cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
406 Posts
Here's my chrome silver z with platinum tint -- 25% sides and 10% rear

screen.width*0.7) {this.resized=true; this.width=screen.width*0.7; this.alt='Click here to open new window';}" onmouseover="if(this.resized) this.style.cursor='hand';" onclick="if(this.resized) {window.open('http://www.etraxx.com/graphics/350z/Body/exterior/ls.jpg');}" />
[snapback]154909[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Looks Awesome! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
728 Posts
My personal preference is NO mirror tint. Get 30-35% all the way around, or maybe 35% sides with 20% on the back hatch window only.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts