Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got mine done yesterday, 5% on the back 3 and 55% on the front. After backing out of the driveway this morning, I am thinking I should have gone with the 15% on the back 3, I can't see jack back there. I am sure I will get used to it but it's a bit darker than I wish I had gone.

Maybe I will see if I can find some of those halogen backup lamps :)

The 55% looks darker from the outside than I thought it would, I was primarily trying to avoid sunburns on long trips, I hope the cops don't mess with me about it. From the inside I can hardly tell it is there.

On the flip side, PPW and dark windows looks awesome.

Chris

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
VA laws suck and say that you have to be 35% or higher. Since the Z already has a slight tint, I can't even legally get 35%.

Think I'm going to go with 20% anyway though... as long as you're not being an attention ***** when you're on the highway I don't think cops will give you much trouble

·
Registered
84 Posts
Originally posted by cedusett@Oct 21 2004, 10:57 AM
VA laws suck and say that you have to be 35% or higher.  Since the Z already has a slight tint, I can't even legally get 35%.

Think I'm going to go with 20% anyway though... as long as you're not being an attention ***** when you're on the highway I don't think cops will give you much trouble

bro call VAsolor tent on hull st. down past courthouse Rd. They did 35% on my sides and back no problem took about a hour.

By the way were about in richmond do you live and did you hear about the car show this weekend at pence nissan?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I'm in the Fan, just a few doors -down from Buddy's on Stuart. I saw a sign on the road the other day by CARSS that was advertising a tinting special for 89 bucks! I'm gonna run by there and make sure they're doing quality work, and probably get it done there.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Anything CARRSS does it great work. they are doing some work for me today and I should be picking up my car around 5pm.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Right. I'm just not sure if the sign was for CARSS or the audio/wheel place across the street.

·
Registered
87 Posts
35% on the sides and 5% on the back which is as dark as you can legally go in Texas. Yes, its dark as **** looking out the back. :)

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN+Oct 21 2004, 04:10 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-HyperSprite
@Oct 21 2004, 11:16 AM
I was primarily trying to avoid sunburns on long trips

???

I was thinking the same thing. The windows already come with a UV 'blocker' from the factory, so you can't get burnt.

I don't have tint at the moment, but the state law allows up to 35%. I know the PPW would look good with dark tint, but I still get enjoyment on looking into the Z when I walk up to her. I will definitely get it done, though. Especially the hatch window.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by DiRN@Oct 21 2004, 06:28 PM
My dilemma is, I want tint, but my windows are always down unless it's raining

So have the back 3 tinted. In Cali, when I used to live there, the driver and pax windows had to be clear of tint.

I like to drive with both my windows down, too. I'm not a fan of A/C unless it's really hot and humid, but even then I like fresh air.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
See, if I'm not tinting the sides (not legal here anyway), there's no point in doing the back side two. And I wouldn't just tint the back. I want to tint all around because I think the SB looks better, but it seems silly if it'll never be seen. I'm sure eventually I'll get around to it, but just not for a while

·
Registered
18 Posts
37% QUANTUM TINT ALL AROUD

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by SmoothZ+Oct 21 2004, 03:02 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 04:10 PM

???

I was thinking the same thing. The windows already come with a UV 'blocker' from the factory, so you can't get burnt.

That is what I thought but the stock UV protection ends up acting like an SPF 20, it works for short drives but when I am in the car for six plus hours going north on 101, I still end up with a one arm burn and am uncomfortable with the sun beating down on me.

Chris

·
Registered
38 Posts
ive got 13% on the driver and passenger window and 5% on the small two windows and the rear hatch (charcoal tint). i went with limo on the back because about a week after i installed my first two subs the dust caps actually melted off the rubber surrounds (and they weren't cheap subs, they JL w3v2's brand new). plus the darkness looks sweet. at first it's hard to see but you become used to it quickly.

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
Originally posted by HyperSprite+Oct 21 2004, 07:45 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by [email protected] 21 2004, 04:10 PM

???

That is what I thought but the stock UV protection ends up acting like an SPF 20, it works for short drives but when I am in the car for six plus hours going north on 101, I still end up with a one arm burn and am uncomfortable with the sun beating down on me.

Chris

Chris, that's not the sun burning you...it's the pollution levels in Cali! :lmfao:

Just kidding. I guess I never noticed because I'm not fair-skinned. I love the feeling of the sun beating down on me. I have yet to go on a 6-hour trip in the Z, though.

Dirn, on my Z32 I had 35 on the back 3 and 50 on the front 2, plus I had the 'eyebrow' which was about 6" in height. I loved it. I'll probably do that for this one, too.

·
Registered
18 Posts
WEAPONMIA

see the attached picture: 37% Quantum TINT ALL AROUND

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts