Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">Jaysen, I started a thread about my trunk. Let me know if that's what you had. link</span>

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
SO MUCH FOR KNOCKING WOOD! I just read my post on the 12th, and now I could kick myself.

The other day (I actually think it was the 13th, I sh*t you not) I was trying to put up my passenger side window, and I'd hit the auto up button, which made it go up a little, then go back down. Then if I held the button, it would go up, but as soon as I released it, it'd start going down again. Finally I thought, maybe the passenger button is just stuck and that's why it keeps going down, so I messed with that button, and then everything seemed to work great.

Until yesterday, when it did it again, only this time the passenger side button was useless as well. Eventually the window was all the way down, and neither button was moving it.

Richmond gets thunderstorms all summer, so I got it into the shop ASAP. They ordered a replacement motor, and they fixed the window temporarily. I'm going back in on Tuesday to get the motor replaced.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I am now on my 2nd motors on BOTH windows..But get this, I bring it in for the 4th time for the drivers side, but to a different dealer than the first 3 times.The guy calls me and says "you need a new motor, but there is a peice broken off the current motor so we can not warranty it"..I proceeded to pull my service recors which show that this same issue was reported and "fixed" on 11-21-03,7-11-03,and 7-21-03 by NISSAN techs..So after a few minutes of BS and a call to NNA they determined it WAS covered under warranty..
Why are Nissan dealers SO FUCKING lazy and want to do the least amount of warranty work possible and look to void your warranty for putting aftermarket valve stem caps on the car...

·
Registered
36,128 Posts
Originally posted by Daking350Z@Jul 16 2004, 09:55 AM
Why are Nissan dealers SO FUCKING lazy and want to do the least amount of warranty work possible and look to void your warranty for putting aftermarket valve stem caps on the car...

This is the reason why I would not buy another car from Nissan. I have my Z, never gettin rid of it and will do just about anything to avoid going to the dealership. Gotta go and take those NASTY aftermarket valve stem caps off before they void MY warranty! LOL

Originally posted by Daking350z@Jul 16 2004, 09:55 AM
FUCKING

How did this get thru the server? LOL

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Originally posted by jinxxycat+Jul 16 2004, 10:03 AM-->QUOTE (jinxxycat @ Jul 16 2004, 10:03 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-Daking350z
@Jul 16 2004, 09:55 AM

FUCKING

How did this get thru the server? LOL

jinxxy, if you keep using language like that, I may have to suspend you for real. Haha

That's what happens when you don't have a filter like some other forums with admins not old enough to see movies with such language

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
to be honest why filter? if you dont want to see it then dont read it!! the people that abuse it is another issue, but if used i could care less

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
<span style="color:darkblue">I agree with Jaysen. People on this forum have demonstrated a level of maturity that isn't found on a lot of forums. And the filter would get so little use, it would probably get bored and quit. If you want to see an unfiltered site with a lot of cursing, check out a forum like Gen May. Now that's some insane sh!t
</span>

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
You mean like fvck sh!t and @ss?

Have to get around the filters (on sites that have them) somehow. I know I don't need to here, but it's really just habit now.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts

some site's don't recognize curse words if you shout them

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
well im off to take my car in for the window problems this morning, and my passenger window died the other day!!
be back lata
jaysen

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
just got back and they ordered me a new passenger motor and should be here next week

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same problem with my 04 base 350. My pass window does not want to come up or down sometimes. I can hear a clicking sound from the window control, like their is some kind of power going to it, but nothing. And then it just comes up, at a ramdom time I try. It is going to the dealer ( DAM DEALERS MAKE ME SICK ) tommorrow and I will post what they came up with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the window problem too.Sometimes the window will not go up or down.I need to hold the switch and hit the door panel above the arm rest to get it to work.I am going to call the dealer today to make an appointment to get it fixed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The dealer claims that it was my fault by having a stereo store put in my system. I had the whole car gutted and put in competition stereo equipment in there. Now they said my motor was burnt out because the wiring was preventing the window from coming down and putting a strain on the motor. So know it is my fault, right. But they said they would put it under the warranty and they fixed it yesterday. Now if it was truelly my fault and not a FUCKUP from Nissan, then why would they warrenty it ???????

21 - 40 of 48 Posts