Nissan 350Z / 370Z Tech Forums banner

Window problems on 2005 350Z

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Rev_Night 
#1 ·
I have a problem with my windows on a 2005 350Z. I have replaced the window motors on both sides. If the windows are down, and I close the door, the windows automatically go to the up position, even with the power turned off. Please help. This is driving me nuts.

#3 ·
It could be the window control in the door panel. I just replaced mine because of water damage after a heavy rain I had to drive through for 1.5 hours. Not cheap. I had the window go all the way down when I turned the key and it wouldn't go back up. I couldn't control the passenger window and it wouldn't automatically lower when the top was opened. I also had no door locking capability although the remote worked.

#4 ·
Hey OP!

This happens to me every couple of years, your exact same problem. It only happens to my driver side. The fix is the Window Reset Procedure below. Have you tried this? For me, at least, never had to replace the window motor. Ignore the 2003-2004 part below, mine is an 2007 and this works just fine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.