Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, this is the second time it's happened. I have 29k miles on my car and my driver's window has stopped working once and now my passenger's window isn't working. Neither of the windows has stopped working suddenly. They have both been sparatic, not wanting to go down or up occasionally, and will get worse. So now I'm almost out of my warranty and if this keeps happening every 20-30k miles, I'm going to be digging deep into my pockets soon.

Is anyone else having this problem or is it just me?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
:headshake: That's 'sporadic' to you, Buddy. :lol: :jk:

Yes, my passenger window has just started to have problems with going up on the first try. I can hear the motor now, too. So you're not the only one. I've heard a lot of people complaining about it.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Ughh... I hope this isn't a problem with '03 models. Knocking on wood, no issues with my windows yet.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sorry to inform you but is a Nissan wide problem, My motor on driver side replaced last year at 20K and Pasenger side replaced lest week at 30. My cousin-in-law's Altima had the same problem. I also have two customers with 350z and both have had a window motor replaced. Good news is all were replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Mine sporadically have had problems but they always seem to work after a few tries if there is a problem. And actually it has not happened in a while (knock on wood).

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by GHBG35@Aug 15 2005, 10:04 AM
Sorry to inform you but is a Nissan wide problem, My motor on driver side replaced last year at 20K and Pasenger side replaced lest week at 30. My cousin-in-law's Altima had the same problem. I also have two customers with 350z and both have had a window motor replaced. Good news is all were replaced under warranty.
[snapback]145679[/snapback]​

That's all fine and dandy for the next 6k miles.

I'm just curious as to what I am supposed to do after then. How much is this going to cost me in the long run?

Is there any way to get them to extend the warranty on the part they replaced?

·
Premium Member
35,304 Posts
You can always buy an extended warranty after your original one is up. It's up to you how much you want to spend.

·
Premium Member
17,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did. I bought it from the dealership I purchased the car from though. Says that I have a $100 deductable if I go to Nissan and a $50 deductable if I go to them. At this rate, it's going to be an expensive problem by 100k miles though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Yup - same problem here. I just had my driver's side fixed a couple weeks ago, and my warranty won't last much longer either. If you find out any info about getting it replaced after your warranty is up - let me know.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Having the same problem but it's only the passenger side currently. Started doing it about 2 weeks ago.
Last year when I took mine into the dealership to have the TSB done for the grease streaks on the inside they replaced both driver and passenger modules and now the passenger side is already crapping on me. Seems like Nissans longevity on replacement parts is worse then the originals :banghead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.