Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed how loud the wind noise is with the windows down at 130MPH? I've been that fast in other cars and never really noticed, but my Z was almost deafening. It started getting really at about 115MPH and got worse from there. Just wondering.

BTW - I don't know how many of you have gone that fast yet, but it's amazing how stable that car is at high speeds. Felt like I was going 60. The only reason I didn't go any faster was because I didn't want to push my luck with the cops, and I was catching up to the traffic in front of me.

Don't worry, I had open highway for like a mile in front and behind, so I only put myself in danger

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had my Z at 140 on Florida Turnpike. It was early in the morning and not one car in front of me for miles. I was very surprised with how stable the car was. I did'n even realize how fast I was going until I looked at the speedometer.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
My top speed so far was 146, and yeah at that speed the windows open were quite loud, but I don't know what you were expecting! I always roll with the windows down, unless it's raining

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by cedusett@Jul 22 2004, 04:49 PM
My top speed so far was 146, and yeah at that speed the windows open were quite loud, but I don't know what you were expecting!  I always roll with the windows down, unless it's raining

I, naturally, would expect it to be loud, but it seemed a lot louder than other cars I've been in at similar speeds. For example, I had VW Golf up to 220 - 230KPH in germany....wait, nevermind. That was in, like, February, so I prob had the windows up.

But I did hit the governor on a '91 240SX I used to have. It was summer, and, at that time, I never had the windows up. Don't remember much wind noise, but I do remember how I almost crapped my pants when I hit the governor. It was the first (only) time I pegged out a car. When the revs dropped back down and the engine started running again, my heart was going a mile a minute.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I've been up to 130 on the FL turnpike. The car was smooth and it wasn't that loud (I was talking to my friend in the passenger seat easily). Maybe your tires roar? Mine don't.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I definately think it was the wind. Oh well, hot like it really matters much. Loud wind just makes it seems like you're going faster
And the faster you feel the faster you are, right?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
:scared:

I know what I'd hear if I went 135....

Karen screaming: "AAAaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

I did have it up over the dime the other night...my stock touring's so smooth & quiet it didn't even wake her up.

You folks with coil-o's, fat sways, & big meats must be experiencing a h3ll of a ride!

at 100mph, the 327 in my '69 camaro's clocking 5500, sounds like a DC-3 taking off. There's another 2 grand left on the tach, but the front end feels like I've just been cleared for takeoff...& fuggedaboud da curves!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Originally posted by Lo Fi Ched@Jul 22 2004, 11:56 AM
The only reason I didn't go any faster was because I didn't want to push my luck with the cops, and I was catching up to the traffic in front of me. 

LOL...yeah they will normally let 130 slide, but any faster and you may be looking at ticket, Mister.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
<----felling a little silly.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
haha. good stuff.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I did 146 and nothing out of the ordinary with sounds.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I've had it past 130mph over a hundred times with the windows open, and yes, there's a good bit of wind noise. However, I'm not concerned with noise, rather the braking markers zooming by... ;)

·
Registered
5,437 Posts
Im so jealous of you guys, I live in Queens. There are no roads here that are good and smooth enough to even think about passing 90mph

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Hey Jetpilot, good to see ya over here. Driving in Queens has gotta suck. I've only driven the Z once in the city. It wasn't as much fun as it is out here in Jersey

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Hey Jetpilot. Good to see a bunch more of you guys from the other board over here. That does suck you cant get the Z much over 90 over there. Its where it just starts to get fun.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts