Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I drive my car 64 miles round trip every day to work. I have been getting 24 to 25 mpg.. I would love to get the nismo exhaust but I read some where it will hurt your mpg is this true if so how bad?
And is it easy to install, if it fits the factory bolt on points i think i could do it my self??

·
Registered
853 Posts
It seems like it would help. I'm not sure though. I love the Nismo just for the sound of it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really want one and the nismo cold air. I thought it would help the mpg to since it flows better and weighs less.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I used to have the Nismo CAI and loved it. It had a cool whitling sound and sounded mean in conjunction tith my exhaust. If your wondering I put that badboy through the ultimate flood test and no problems. (not on purpose either)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the info I was wondering about the water with it. I am afraid to mess with the motor I need my car to last me a long time,, lol I even feel bad when i get on it or drive it hard. I work real hard for my money and i seem to have crapy luck sometimes..

Do you think I could install the nismo exaust myself, it dosent half to be welded or anything does it?

·
Registered
151 Posts
yeah you could do it your self....its just a couple of bolts. Although you might want someone else to help you hold the exhaust up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Actually, all performance parts hurt your gas mileage. Why you ask?

Simple, you can't resist putting the pedal to the floor to hear that sound!!!

Whether it's an intake, an exhaust, a supercharger or a turbo; one of the things about performance upgrades is that they sound cool. You can't resist driving the car harder.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
Originally posted by DavesZ#3@Jun 25 2005, 09:21 AM
Actually, all performance parts hurt your gas mileage.  Why you ask?

Whether it's an intake, an exhaust, a supercharger or a turbo; one of the things about performance upgrades is that they sound cool.  You can't resist driving the car harder.
[snapback]121834[/snapback]​

:rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2: :rolf2:
It's soooooo true though :yourock:

·
Registered
42 Posts
It's nice to hear I"m not the only one driving 60+ miles everyday. But I'm getting about 20 mpg. I guess I should take it easy on those curves! I'd go for the exhaust even if it gives you less mpg. The sound will easily make you forget about the loss in mileage.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got gas today after driving to work all week and I got 26.3 mpg in my z.. I think thats great mpg..
Yeah the 60+ mile thing every day gets old but i make good money , but i work very hard.
Many people that work with me drive much farther than I do round trip.

·
Premium Member
5,138 Posts
Originally posted by DavesZ#3@Jun 25 2005, 08:21 AM
Actually, all performance parts hurt your gas mileage.  Why you ask?

Whether it's an intake, an exhaust, a supercharger or a turbo; one of the things about performance upgrades is that they sound cool.  You can't resist driving the car harder.
[snapback]121834[/snapback]​

totally agree :werd:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.