Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if Nissan might upgrade the nissan 370z into a nissan 390z? I want to hear peoples opinions on it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's admittedly a far reaching question. Who knows what the next number will be. I for one will skip the 370 "series" (if there is one like the 240 - 280) altogether. I'm looking forward to what the next redesign will be (hopefully much better looking). If it's another fiasco...I will take my money and go elsewhere. I doubt the next complete redesign will be based on the 370 platform, so there is hope at least.

I went to a dealer today and checked out a black 370. As soon as I saw it my feelings from photos were confirmed. If you have a recent 350...the 370 just isn't worth it unless you have money to burn.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
The number will be based on whichever engine Nissan develops next...obviously. I doubt anyone here has any info on that. It may get lower again! A lot of companies are going down in displacement (or have plans to do so) and adding turbochargers to boost the power. This is all about gas mileage and such. I would like to see a 350 HP or so 300z TT!

·
Registered
5,527 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
How does Nissan plan to "stop" i mean they can go on forever going up and up and up. 240z --> 260 -> 280 -> 300 -> 350 -> 370...... Eventually they will be like 550Z and crazy stuff. How will Nissan go back down again is my question. I guess they could always go 360 -> 340 and so on. What do you guys think.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
it is just that there is so much time between here and then that who knows if the Z will be around or Nissan.

They kept 300 from 1984 to 1999 that is 15 years, even if you change it as they have the 350Z to 370Z in 6 years you would have at least 20+ years before running out of displacement, even with todays technology there is a stroker 4.2 and they could easily go to 380-390-400-410-420 and be into almost 2050, so give it 30 years and then worry about it

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Off Topic but..

I heard Nissan is offering 1.9% APR on the 08 Zs... Im seriously thinking of getting one...

but my luck would be they offer 1.9 on the 370 in June after I get a 08.

F

·
0 Posts
Nissan might end up letting the Z run for a couple more years and then phase it out...but it seems like they have such a good thing going...that and the GTR is an amazing car.

·
Registered
145 Posts
QUOTE (cartracer12 @ Jan 26 2009, 01:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=566645
How does Nissan plan to "stop" i mean they can go on forever going up and up and up. 240z --> 260 -> 280 -> 300 -> 350 -> 370...... Eventually they will be like 550Z and crazy stuff. How will Nissan go back down again is my question. I guess they could always go 360 -> 340 and so on. What do you guys think.

easy, as noted above they could go the FI route--like audi dropping from the 4.2V8 (terrible idea, anyways, for the amt of power it had for the S4's weight, IMO) to go to a supercharged six cylinder.

****, I'd be okay with a fairly large turbo'd four banger--help with weight distribution

·
5,437 Posts
QUOTE (dad @ Jan 3 2009, 07:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=564652
There are still brand new 2008's out there sitting on Nissan lots, if you don't like the 2009! They may(?) ship them
for a price just to get rid of them.

http://teamnissandirect.com/vehicle-search...mp;sort_type=dn

Nissan GT-R Coupe Premium
Color - Pearl WhiteSequential 6-Speed Manual Dual-Clutch Paddle-Shift, 3.8L DOHC 24-valve ... » View Vehicle Details-
Mileage$94,720

OMG $94K!! Are they freakin nuts? lol

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE (scrapser @ Jan 3 2009, 06:39 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=564648
It's admittedly a far reaching question. Who knows what the next number will be. I for one will skip the 370 "series" (if there is one like the 240 - 280) altogether. I'm looking forward to what the next redesign will be (hopefully much better looking). If it's another fiasco...I will take my money and go elsewhere. I doubt the next complete redesign will be based on the 370 platform, so there is hope at least.

I went to a dealer today and checked out a black 370. As soon as I saw it my feelings from photos were confirmed. If you have a recent 350...the 370 just isn't worth it unless you have money to burn.

That's your opinion, having owned a 2006 350, and now a 370, you are completely wrong, as far as comparing stock to stock. The 350 was a great car, the 370 betters it in handling and performance, and has a better fit and finish. As far as the styling goes, that will always be subjective, many see the new look as aggressive and progressive..... but then most 350 owners tend to just bash it.

John

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
But at what point will the V6 reach it's limit and they make it a V8 ?
Think of the possibilities if they make it a V8!

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
QUOTE (garym396 @ Jun 19 2009, 10:56 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=578610
But at what point will the V6 reach it's limit and they make it a V8 ?
Think of the possibilities if they make it a V8!
I don't want a Z with a V8 though. It's just not what the Z is about. That would be like if they put a V8 in the GTR, sure it may be powerful, but the GTR has always been about twin turbo sixes. Plus I don't want the Z to ever be lumped in with cars like the Mustang. :vomit:

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
QUOTE (IDrm350 @ Jun 19 2009, 09:01 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=578611
I don't want a Z with a V8 though. It's just not what the Z is about. That would be like if they put a V8 in the GTR, sure it may be powerful, but the GTR has always been about twin turbo sixes. Plus I don't want the Z to ever be lumped in with cars like the Mustang. :vomit:
LOL!
Well it's all personal preference.
At some point, they might have to add the cylinders to increase the displacement.
There are great cars out there with V8's, and there are POS's out there with V6's, but you're not comparing them to the Z's V6.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I know the original thread is getting old, but never hod your breath wondering what might be years from now.

QUOTE (IDrm350 @ Jun 19 2009, 12:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=578611
How about in common with the Ferrari F430? I wouldn't mind a rev happy V8. Honestly, I'd prefer it to a FI Z. If it will allow more power, for not much more money, maybe it's the way to go. While a lot of people mention the TT Z's of the past, they're talking about a few trim levels of the 300ZX, most, or all of the early Z's were N/A engines.

~Pat

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
QUOTE (NoZYet @ Jun 21 2009, 05:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=578717
I know the original thread is getting old, but never hod your breath wondering what might be years from now.

How about in common with the Ferrari F430? I wouldn't mind a rev happy V8. Honestly, I'd prefer it to a FI Z. If it will allow more power, for not much more money, maybe it's the way to go. While a lot of people mention the TT Z's of the past, they're talking about a few trim levels of the 300ZX, most, or all of the early Z's were N/A engines.

~Pat
There have been turbo Z's from 1981 to 1996

There has been:
280ZX Turbo
300ZX (Z31) Turbo
300ZX (Z32) Twin Turbo

1 - 20 of 36 Posts