Nissan 370Z Tech Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Pressure Guage question, Will changing the rims effect tire pressure gauge, i am thinking about upgrading my rims and was concerned if it would effect my ptire pressure gauge in the center console?

·
Registered
376 Posts
If you are able to transfer the tire senders, then it will not affect anything. If you do not use the sensors, then the only thing that happens is the tire warning light will turn on after a solid half hour of driving or so. The light will turn off everytime you start your car. :shiftdrive:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Agreed with the above. Without the sending units mounted in the valve stems, the pressures with read "- - -". Also, after driving for a long while, the warning light on the dash will come on. The audible alarm will not go off, but the light does come one. Everytime you start the car, it will go off though. So, it is only on for long trips.

As for the new rims, you can get rims that will accept the TPS sending units. Look for a rim with the same outer profile as the Track Model rims. I just mean the outer lip. If you study one you will notice that the rim lip is "stepped". This is what you largely need to look for. This is no guarantee, but it will get you pretty close. For example, I have the Volk LE37T rims and I do have TPS sending units on them. Works great. However, if you get a "reverse drop" rim like the Volk SF Challenge, they may not fit. They usually will not fit any reverse drop rims.

PM me if you need to know more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts